Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rescued Mag sports

Rescued Mag sports

It is complete!...............The last of the 2 Mag sports that had been sitting in chadwick isl. marina (Jersey) for the past several years has been loaded on a trailer and is now in tow back to Mich. Parnell left early this morning after spending the nite at my house to complete this marathon of a trip. When he arrives back home in Mich. he would have compiled a total of 3200+ miles and 56 hours behind the wheel to rescue 2 Magnum sports in very tired shape, one of them noteably "Plum Crazy" far from her glory days, but will survive once again to crush some waves thanks to Parnell.
    1983 Cigarette 35' Mistress
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

Any pics of the mags
    1998 22 Classic

And the Lord said "LET THERE BE FEAR" and so was created a BIG BLOCK CHEVY. GOT BOOST!

Does this qualify P to to join some sort of club?
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

How about the broke, tired dumb ass club? I think I have taken over the presidency. They are home safe and sound and now the hard work begins
    Thanks for everything Scippy!

Parnell
    Time forSweet Cheekz to find a new home

Parnell, you are a glutton!

Do you have some kind of personal rule that you have to have a couple of projects "in-the-wings" at all times?

Now that the GT21 is running, I thought you were going to work on the 27 Magnum you already own.

Apparently you just can't get enough of that fiberglass itch .
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

Catch Pics are in the 2 mags one lake thread.

Bill I'm not sure what I've done but I like having things to consider while I spend hours grinding away I may actually start on this "center counsel" boat first with a few interesting twists and turns I have concocted The blue one is still the primo one of the three but she may sit for a while.
    Parnell

BTW The 21 is a ways from being done lots of details before an April trip to Florida and then AOTH

Got her inside and drilled a few holes to drain the pool I had in the boat. From the looks of it she has been a pool for a few years! I have spent the last week getting some new dollies built and the boats off the trailers Clean up starts this weekend but already I can tell there is a few bulkheads coming out. Lots of work ahead on the old Plum Crazy

Parnell

Hey Parnell,

I'm curious what the center stringer does between the two bulkheads that are close together in the 3rd pic. Cant quite see, does it cut down low? Does it look to be in orig. shape?

Thanks - Marshall

Marshall It drops down and is in decent shape All three of them have the same style stringer there. The stringers appear to be ok in this boat Almost all the bulkhead have to go and anywhere he cut wood open its rotten. Unfortunately he cut a lot of bulkheads
    Parnell

Hey Guys
    Any thoughts on how to figure out where to stick the tanks on this thing? I can move them as far back as the front of the rear seat to all the way forward to where the forward tanks go. Any suggestions or thoughts Gonna have twin OB 's
    Thanks
    Parnell

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Cheekz View Post
    Hey Guys
    Any thoughts on how to figure out where to stick the tanks on this thing? I can move them as far back as the front of the rear seat to all the way forward to where the forward tanks go. Any suggestions or thoughts Gonna have twin OB 's
    Thanks
    Parnell
    Hey P,

I don't think the "main" fuel tank placement should be anywhere but in the factory designated place "foward of first bulkhead cabin area" all other tanks added after this point should be balanced -or- counter-balanced from this position. I don't believe the CG would change because it's a CC now. In fact, more foward placement would counter act the loss of deck above. 2 OB's on a flotation bracket or a tubular Gil bracket I don't think would change a thing concerning "main tank placement" in fact it might be perfect placement considering how stern heavy a sport appears w/ twin in-boards...........just a guess though!
    1983 Cigarette 35' Mistress
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

Best Guess

Parnell,

I agree with skippy. I think that since the ob's hang off the back I would start with the standard fuel tank location and depending on the floor height etc. Maby have a center tank in the old eng comp? Mine rides/ jumps real flat, havn't gotten the bow real high yet. Thats with figure~2k lbs of eng/drives. If you have 1000 lbs less, a 75-100 gal tank aft would be 400-500 lbs. I dont know what kind of range you are looking for but 150 to 200 gal would be enough I would think. Maby 2 50gals aft. and 2 50 gals in the standard spot...

Marshall
    1978 Magnum Starfire "MAYHEM"
    1994 Donzi 22 Classic 540/Blackhawk - Sold
    1982 Midnight Express 32 SS

Gas tank location

Parnell, On my 27 SEDAN I have 2- 50 gal tanks under cockpit floor & 2- 32 gal. tanks behind them, 164 gal total. Have twin 300X motors on a Stainless Marine bracket set back 18"... works perfect. "HIGH LIFE"

HL
    Boat fly level off waves? Not transom heavy? What kind of range does the boat have? Also what did you do about transferring fuel between forawrd and rear tanks? Thanks
    Parnell

BTW Ever come up with any pics of your boat Looking forward to seeing them particularily the transom bracket

HL
    Do your rear tanks sit all the way back by the transom?
    Parnell

Thread Information