Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Arneson on a 25-30 foot single engine?

Yep, and that is an Elstrom propeller. They Shot Pene the blade thinking it makes it stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Madcow View Post
    I am by no means any kindof evpert at anytghing. But it seems to me an Arneson is a true "survace" drive that optimizes the surface air. What happens when you also introduce the air from the steps?

The OSG 38zr race boats use them

http://www.donzimarine.com/

Click Z home Page, Click Donzi Racing. Click OSG Donzi,Click picture 12.

Almost looks like a single . Must be the angle
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

Quote Originally Posted by joseph m. hahnl View Post
    The OSG 38zr race boats use them

http://www.donzimarine.com/

Click Z home Page, Click Donzi Racing. Click OSG Donzi,Click picture 12.

Almost looks like a single . Must be the angle
    The old Donzi OSG boat doesn't run Arnesons. They are a surface drive, but they aren't Arnnies.
    North East Donzi Club
    NO TOOLS

Ok, so we are into race boats that cost well over $500k and have props that cost more than my boat. The point of the thread was not can you do it will no expense spared. Heck, I already have an engine/drive combo that costs more than my boat. Not trying to double that.

I think that the 22 Arneson combo is a little closer than that.

We are looking for somewhere in between. I know that the check for getting into this combo will be over 20k but at the levels we are talking about on could rebuild a bunch of bravos.

If those guys are having a hard time not getting a 22 to run wet, I can't imagine a 26-28. Step or non step.

That is the problem with whole X drive. It is supposedly bullet proof but it surfaces, hance no bow lift. That makes it a poor option for one wanting to bridge the gap between Bravo and #6
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

Quote Originally Posted by boxy View Post
    The old Donzi OSG boat doesn't run Arnesons. They are a surface drive, but they aren't Arnnies.
    OSG had a fixed copy of an Arneson. The new owners took the bussel and rudders off the boat and make them them sterrable.

All the Fountains, new Donzi's and such are stepped bottom and there is no problem with the Arnesons on them.

Saw this one, new 38 ZRC

Quote Originally Posted by Boatless View Post
    OSG had a fixed copy of an Arneson. The new owners took the bussel and rudders off the boat and make them them sterrable.
    All the Fountains, new Donzi's and such are stepped bottom and there is no problem with the Arnesons on them.
    Saw this one, new 38 ZRC
    Once again, they are twins. I don't need convincing that step twins and even a number of regular twin v's will run fine with an Arneson. The big question is has it been done with a big single.

Oh yeah, Fountain has made plenty of non-step boats.
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

OKKKK
    Randy owner of Donzis since 1966
    High Performance props 3, 4, and 5 blade. Turbo and Stainless Steel props. Props for old Volvo drives.
    The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatless View Post
    Saw this one, new 38 ZRC
    Niiice. Are those ASD 8's with a drop box?
    North East Donzi Club
    NO TOOLS

The point is..not to talk about race boats or twin or quad Arneson applications but to let HH and LRT that the guy rigging the boat in New Orleans next month is from Arneson and he would know if anyone knows and they know who will have access. Bryan is good friends with the guy that can get you all of the information next month. That was all that I was letting them know.

The other point was if those guys are breaking the skegs with the foil..it must be hard not to break the skeg. I am sure that they would need some help getting the bow up as much as it would need to be.

Boxy..I thought that Hering number 6 props were high at 5k a pop....wow ...I would hate to think about buying those that you are talking about!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by boxy View Post
    Niiice. Are those ASD 8's with a drop box?
    ???? Must be with this power.

Tex...I have some news for you!!! How do twin Arnesons sound?? You will not need a 15k splitter either! How does a splitter that will allow you to run two Arnesons in a staggered configuration using top fuel blower belts. It is a great setup! It uses far less power that a gear splitter and weighs far less and uses less power to drive. You can then counter rotate your props and you will be set! You can also go on up to 1400 or more horsepower and not have to worry about drives. Put your transmissions in your boxes and you will be set! I think the maintenance schedule is 300 hours for replacement of the belts. Not bad!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silverback,
    I've been following this thread closely because I've condidered an Arneson. Do you have a link or info ($$) for a single engine/twin Arneson tranny/spitter? I've got a 24 Sunsation raceboat and a 27 Magnum hull. I think a single big block of 700 horse and a pair of Arnesons would be cool. I've had it with blowing up drives..

Call Rik at Arneson Industries. He should be able to steer you in the right direction. He is a very nice guy and is very helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information