Thread: Jx PokerRun Pics.

Jx PokerRun Pics.

With the Critter still living in NJ, I needed a bit of a boat fix, so I headed down to the docks to see what kind of hardware was in town for the pokerrun. I took some pics....and not till i got home did I realize that I missed pics of 2 of the Donzis in attendance. Short of a race, this is the largest assortment of hi power hardware I've ever seen in one place.

Anyway, Donzi count was:

1 38ZR
    1 28ZX with twin Scorps.
    1 89 22 Classic.

There was also a Cobalt 16, a sweet 16 splash, with a diesel. He wasn't doing the run.

I ran into Mark L, aka LastTango and his friend Gregg. He knows a whole more about the local boats than I do, but hey, I'm a rookie down here, right?

I also got a nice pic of the shuttle launch. I'd post them in the photo gallery here, but I couldn't find it?

http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w...er%20Run%2007/

If anyone would like a full size copy, just shoot me an email.
    Got Criterion?

Cool

We put Donzi Quixote in the water this morning and headed out to watch the action. Over 140 boats started the Poker Run. Each one was a cover shot boat and article all by itself. Fastest boat said to do over 178 MPH. I saw him go by. I believe it!
    We repositioned a couple times for lots of great photos. It was HOT! We all agreed a Bimini is the ONLY answer (sorry, Cuda). Then we had lunch at Whitey's Fishcamp which was the first checkpoint.
    Saw the Donzi's all make it to Checkpoint One. Which is more than can be said of a lot of the expensive hardware that showed up this weekend. Several boats were never launched - dead on arrival. Several boats never left the dock - dead in the water. Several boats broke down before the first checkpoint.
    A Donzi 28ZX Scorpion limped into checkpoint one and then motored back on one motor. One of the faster boats took on water and sank before the first checkpoint. Nobody hurt. Just wet.
    Broken boats scattered all up and down the river. I feel sorry for these guys. They spend a virtual fortune to build these beautiful custom boats to do these poker runs, and then can't seem to keep it all together. Greg and I did an estimate of the hardware - well over $100 Million came to play.
    One guy brought his 40+ Outerlimits, towed by a custom paint-matched truck and rig, followed by his custom paint-matched mega-motorhome that towed a very large paint-matched enclosed trailer from which he unloaded his paint-matched Lamborgini Gallardo and several other toys.

But they all still waved at my '06 22ZX and it's blue Tribal Flames graphics as they went by.

Mark
    Florida SEADOG
    DONZI - You meet the nicest people.
    2006 22ZX 350 Mag MPi/Bravo One Donzi Quixote
    http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44360

Great Pics, thanks! I trust you will have some of the bikini contest tomorrow?

Would an 18 Classic be able to make the run at all or would it simply get swallowed by the, I would imagine, wicked wakes? Not to mention come in last, oh well.

I saw you guys running out of Dr.s Lake as I was crossing the bridge.
    I was wishing I was out there.
    1968 Donzi 2+3
    Location: Green Cove Springs, Florida http://www.greencovesprings.com/
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. - Frank Zappa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well... I had Damn Yankee in the water over at Goodby's Creek at 9 Am sharp on Saturday..... ran up to Metro park took a few pics then ran back to Start area. As boats started showing up I boogied down and shut her down just north of the Buckman bridge to watch the insanity fly by. Got a bunch of pics and a few videos.

Then I ran down to Outback Crabshack to get some prime dockage. Hung out with some local Jax boaters I know until the hardware showed up. Then had lunch with the "Boatfreaks".

At Outback saw a 22, a 38ZR, a 28ZXw/ Scorpions and a 1970 Cobalt with a diesel Volvo.

Then ran out into the St Johns for some swimming and relaxing. Followed by catching a line @ Hooters and eating dinner. Then a short idle to the ramp and the end of one hell of a nice day of boating.

Pics to come later tonight.
    I don't care if you lick windows,
    take the special bus or occasionally pee on yourself....
    You hang in there sunshine, you're friggin' special!

Random pics from Saturday in Jax.

More pics....

last few... I got lots more... but I'm pooped.

Wow, thanks for getting a couple pics of the little Cobalt. Haven't seen that one! Do you know where "it lives?"

Cool

Cobalt 16 lives right here in Jax. He ran the Angel Aid Poker Run this past weekend. Engine is a Volvo diesel, 5 cylinder, 190hp, with the volvo drive out back. Not for sale. Niced guy, and I invited him to participate in any and all SEADOG events. Figured most folks here would find this very well kept boat a joy to see more often.

Mark
    Florida SEADOG
    DONZI - You meet the nicest people.
    2006 22ZX 350 Mag MPi/Bravo One Donzi Quixote
    http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44360

Cobalt Xv-200

HI,
    It looks like the little Cobalt has generated some interest. Thanks, this is one of those projects that seemed like a good idea when it started and snowballed from there ( like any fun project does)! I had "kinda " been looking for a Donzi 18 for a Diesel sterndrive project when I ran across the XV-200 Cobalt.
    I'm still tuning, but currently with the D3-190/ Xdp Volvo Penta engine /Duo prop drive package she's running about 56-57 mph @ about 5 mpg. I'm a little under proped so she's not weight sensitive. No noticeable difference with one or four people and gear on board (except a little less leg room). Down in the cruise range 35-40 mph I get between 10 and 7 mpg. In the first 50 hrs. I averaged about 7mpg. Plus she's quick, a minimal turbo lag of two or three seconds and it's full on power.
    I'm exceeding my technical skills here but I'll try to attach a few pictures.
    KC
    Last edited by KNOWCOJONES; 07-16-2007 at 06:19 PM. Reason: ADD PICTURES

Another attempt to add pictures
    KC

Thread Information