Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What about the St. Tropez?????

What about the St. Tropez?????

Did we forget the St. Tropez ? I always read of all the others.
    I am toilet trained

Hi Sierra,
    the St. Tropez is one of my favorites. do you have one that you can post pics of and tell us about?
    "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

SEADOGs TampaBay
    SEADOG Outlaws- George is our king, all hail King George!!!

Hi Fish,

Yes I do have one a 66, that I'am having restored, repower and the works.
    I am toilet trained

Very cool!!!! Do you have pics, I am sure everyone would love to see them. I am not as familiar with the St. Tropez as you, but isn't it a center console fishing type boat sort of like a smaller El Pescador (love Ole Reds El Pesc!!)? I even think it came with a couple of transome bait wells and rod holders, but not positive.

Perhaps this would be a really fantastic addition to the donzi center console thread that alread exists Donzi Fish Boats- Lets see em . I would love to read more about and see pics of your boat.

Fish
    "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

SEADOGs TampaBay

There was one that showed up at this past L.George Fall picnic.I don"t know if anyone had gotten a pic..He had told me how his father who previously owned it was an engineer who had worked with Wynne & Walters on the race boats.He had refitted it with 350 MPI/Bravo and was in the process of further updates.A very nice boat to have.
    [url]

These were two St. T's that were in our family. The yellow one was ours and the tangerine one my cousin's. They were both '68's or '69's (can't remember exactly) and the pics were taken in '74. Yellow one had a 351 HM w/ a v-drive and the other one had the same engine with a Volvo 270.

The St. Tropez was a great boat, possibly the best riding center console boat of its size that I've ever been on.

Cool pics Islander, thanks.

thinking the same thing. 2 in one family must have been really cool. Do you still have eithr of them?

SEADOGs TampaBay

Cuda,
    YW

Fish boy,
    Unfortunately my dad sold ours shortly after those pics were taken. My cousin lived in Nassau and they kept it for a few more years and sold it at some point.

It was as I said, a beautiful and great riding boat, but the v-drive wasn't the ideal setup for our purposes. We went through a few Makos and Hydrasports with outboards, which were better suited for the Bahamas and the Keys. But compared to a Donzi, those boats were merely utilitarian and nothing more. I never got the Donzi experience out of my system and now, thirty years later, I've got two of them.

We put the Albury in a warehouse to keep Jeanne from turning it into firewood. I'll go take some pics of it next week. As for a seatrial, I think it's a possibility. I know where the key is.

albury really makes a nice looking and riding boat. Very smart strategy too- why bring a boat over from the states when such a nice one is built right in the bahamas. Actually poked around (not official tour) the albury factory a few months ago while in marsh harbor (I think the factory is actually located on Man of War Key, but not positive). I think I took some pics, if so, I will also post some.

Fish

SEADOGs TampaBay

Fishboy,
    You're right, the Albury Brothers build their boats in Man O'War Cay in the Abacos. They made all kinds of boats; fishing smacks, sailing dinghys, skiffs, etc. The original skiffs were all wood but for the last few years they've been making them in glass. They recently entered into some type of joint venture deal and they're building 20' and 23' skiffs in West Palm. Here's their website: http://www.alburybrothers.com

The one the MP is refering to is a classic wood Albury built in '72 that my brother, who lives in Jupiter, found in Palm Beach had restored. It's one of two 22' skiffs that they built. All the others were 19's. I brought it down to Miami to get it out of harm's way. I'm not a wooden boat fanatic, but the quality of this boat is incredible.

Sweeet! Love to see the pics too! Did not know about the west palm factory, but that makes a lot of sense too.

SEADOGs TampaBay

66 St. Tropez Restoration

Thought I would post some pics on a current restoration, the boat is 1966 St. Tropez that we have owned for a number of years and has been actively used in the waters in and around the South Fork of Long Island.

The work is being done by Scopinich boat works in East Quogue, NY. We opted to repower with a Yanmar 240 hp stern drive and a Bravo 3x. The boat has been repainted forest green.

The strings have been strengthened and more glass added all over certain areas for strength. The original hardware is going to be used wherever possible.

Enjoy the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by lyncha00
    Thought I would post some pics on a current restoration, the boat is 1966 St. Tropez that we have owned for a number of years and has been actively used in the waters in and around the South Fork of Long Island.

The work is being done by Scopinich boat works in East Quogue, NY. We opted to repower with a Yanmar 240 hp stern drive and a Bravo 3x. The boat has been repainted forest green.

The strings have been strengthened and more glass added all over certain areas for strength. The original hardware is going to be used wherever possible.

Enjoy the pics.
    Lyncha00, ]
    welcome to the donzi registry!! OK, I am in love with your boat! Please keep posting pics as the restoration continues. It looks like it will be an absolutely incredible boat. I have always been a fan of the st. tropez, but I am an even bigger fan now. WOW!

fish

SEADOGs TampaBay

Thread Information