Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: SEADOGs in Palatka, November

Cool SEADOGs in Palatka, FL Nov 12-14

Okay, gang, here is the scoop for this year's event. I have carefully scanned all the football schedules for November and my PERSONAL schedule for November. Below are the schedules for the weekends of November 13-14 and 20-21. We are doing it a few weeks earlier this year in order to avoid the chilling winds we have had the last two years in December. Seems like we have always missed the best weather by a couple weeks so that is why we are going earlier.

NCAA football
    November 13th
    Seminoles play on Thursday night the 11th so that will NOT be a factor for THAT weekend.
    Hurricanes are AT Virginia
    Gators are HOME against South Carolina (possibly a room problem on Friday and Saturday night if we stay at the Holiday Inn or NOT a factor if we stay at Porkey's Landing).
    Bulldogs are AT Auburn

November 20th
    Seminoles HOME against the Gators
    Hurricanes HOME against Wake Forest
    Bulldogs have that weekend OPEN

NFL Football
    November 14
    Jaguars at HOME
    Dolphoins BYE
    Bucs AWAY

November 21
    Jaguars HOME
    Dolphins AWAY
    Bucs HOME

So that should just about cover who cares about what on those weekends. Looks to me like NOVEMBER 13th is the best weekend to do our event this year.
    The Lake Lanier Crowd needs to log in and send any schedule problems you folks may have.
    I'm going to check with the Holiday Inn and see what they have on the books for those two weekends.

Friday will be arrivals and dinner at Angels Diner across the street from the Holiday Inn or the Wild Hog Saloon if we stay at Porkey's.
    Last year we went downtown to the Jacksonville Landing for lunch. This year I plan to maundefinedke Porkey's Landing our Saturday lunch stop, followed by the usual cavorting about in Silver Glen Springs. We will see if Ted shows up to defend his Wild Hog Burger title. Saturday night we will go to Gator Landing for dinner. This is a new restaurant on the water in Palatka. We can boat or drive.
    Sunday morning we will explore some of the major creeks off of the St. Johns River. We will go North to the OutBack CrabShack for lunch at noon. That will give the out-of-towners plenty of time to return to Palatka and get home.
    Okay, lets hear it for which weekend you prefer.

SEE POSTS #12, #16, #17, AND #26 FOR THE LATEST INFO!
    Last edited by Last Tango; 10-08-2004 at 08:49 AM.

Mark
    Florida SEADOG
    DONZI - You meet the nicest people.
    2006 22ZX 350 Mag MPi/Bravo One Donzi Quixote
    http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44360

Mark, how far is it from Silver Glen to Palatka? I was at the Glen today.

weekend of the 13th looks better for me although I hate to miss the canes v. virginia. Guess it is better than missing the gators treat the noles like new boy in prison though LOL

Are we staying in the place that has the signs that read "no fish cleaning in rooms" again? LOL

Good idea to move it up a little to make sure the weather cooperates. We don't want mother nature ti wip up on of those frigid 50 degree winters that roll through the land of the seadogs from time to time.

fish
    "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

SEADOGs TampaBay
    SEADOG Outlaws- George is our king, all hail King George!!!

Cuda it's about 35 miles or so...

You can pick up a little milage card at any river resturant/marina. Mine gives milage North and South from the 44 bridge to many various points.

Last Tango, I'm ready to tango on the river in November! Maybe it won't be as cold, although the racing helmets, and racing jackets with intercom were fun.

Fishyboy the Holiday Inn In Palatka is the choice by most, food/gas place's are found close by, and they have a really good breakfeast, and dinner buffet

Saturday Run North to Jax, then South Sunday to Porky's(Home of the SEA DOGS) and/or Silver Glenn also.
    B.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-Racer
    Cuda it's about 35 miles or so...

You can pick up a little milage card at any river resturant/marina. Mine gives milage North and South from the 44 bridge to many various points.
    Do you have one you can scan?

Scanner not working with me...

Miles North from the Deland HW44 bridge

St. Farncis 3.2
    Mud Lake 6.2
    Lake Dexter 12.0
    Astor Bridge 17.1
    S. End Lake George 22.0
    N. End Lake Geroge 33.8
    Oklawaha River 43.2
    Welake 44.8
    Buffalo Bluff 54.1
    Dunna Creek 57.6
    Palatka Bridge 65.3
    Green Cove Bridge 93.7
    JAX I-95 Brdige 120.0

Dunns Creek looks like a long fun run, and it's deep, anyone ever been down it? No wake zone?
    It runs to Crecent Lake which has a good resturant, and a city ramp with great docks, from what I've looked up...
    B.

Would love to make one of these events sooner or later. Can't do it when the Gators are home. I have done the run to Palatka and it is a lot of fun. Look forward to doing it again soon.
    Crystal River Fl., A quaint little drinking village with a manatee problem.

I'm in Had a blast last year!

Weekend of the 13th OK; the 20th my daughter's getting married in Asheville, so that's a no go for me.

Phil

20 - 21 works for me. I have 6 days off from work then. If not this year maybe next year.
    1998 22 Classic

And the Lord said "LET THERE BE FEAR" and so was created a BIG BLOCK CHEVY. GOT BOOST!

Cool

Okay, Phase Two of the planning is now in progress. I called the Holiday Inn in Palatka, today. Spoke with the group rates folks and the found out which was the better weekend for them, rooms-wise. They would love to have us on the weekend of November 12-14. I have a group rate for us. If you prefer a waterfront view it is more expensive (duh!) than the town view. However the town view provides you with a clear view of your boat while it is on the trailer. If you choose to keep your boat at their dock on Friday or Saturday night it is free, but you may also want to choose the waterfront rooms. We have a nice selection of rooms to pick from: Upstairs or downstairs (all non-smoking), riverfront or parking lot (excuse me, Town View), king or two doubles.
    Riverfront King - $75/night
    Riverfront doubles - $69/night
    City View King - $70/night
    City View doubles - $64/night
    Make your reservation under the Donzi Boat Club before October 12th (NLT 30 days before event). After October 12th the rooms will be released and you are at the mercy of the market and the higher room rates going into effect September 1st (I contracted today in order to get the "old" group rates).
    Call the Palatka Holiday Inn- Riverfront reservation desk, (386) 328-4686 and tell them you are with the Donzi Boat Club (I figured it would be waayy too hard to go with our SEADOG moniker - especially if you can't remember "seadogs" when you are guessing what what name we are reserved under). Don't do it tonight as I have not signed the contract until I get it in the mail this week and return it over the weekend and the front desk won't have a clue as to what you are talking about.
    Time for late season fun in the sun!
    Hey! All you snowbirds! Last chance before you winterize!!! We will "winterize" by running the freshwater St. Johns River through our engines and exhaust manifolds... and then do it some more every weekend in Florida. Become an "Official SEADOG" by eating a Ted-burger (oops, Wild Hog Burger) at Porkey's Landing, and swim in NOVEMBER in the cool crystal waters of Silver Glen Springs. Beats the heck out of shovelling snow.

Mark
    Florida SEADOG

Mark, let us know when we can make reservations. I'm definetly not missing this one.

There is a group of Formula owners that want to have just such an event in the same area. I contacted Mark (Last Tango) to see if it was ok to have them join us. He said it was a great idea, so I'm going to let the Formula boys know about it too. It should be a great time. Looks like I'll have to bring two boats now. I better get Debbie some seat time on the Minx by herself.

Cool

I gotta tell you I'm excited about this event, especially with the Formula gang joining us. Could be a LOT of fun. Just think of how many of THOSE folks need to eat a Ted-Burger! My brain is already in high gear thinking about a regular joint event name. You have heard of the Bourne Conspiracy and the Davinci Code, I think we could have fun with:
    The Donzi Formula or Formula Donzi
    and with a Magnum in the crowd we could stretch it further to "The Don Quixote" which would stand for "Don's Quick Ones"
    Okay, "Earth to Mark"...

Mark
    Florida SEADOG

Cool

OKAY! I have the contract in hand and I have signed it and will return it personally this weekend. You can start making your reservations on MONDAY, August 30th. The phone number to call is (386) 328-4686 (same as posted above) and it is the hotel sales office so I'm thinking it is probably during normal daytime business hours Monday-Friday. Make your reservations under the DONZI BOAT CLUB name. Plenty of rooms for everyone to get what they want, but remember to do it before OCTOBER 12th afterwhich the rooms will be released to the general public.
    Let's get a BIG turnout!

Mark
    Florida SEADOG

Thread Information