Thread: 2001 Sweet 16

2001 Sweet 16

Good Morning. The last time when I used this forum I was able to gain a wealth of info on a 22 Classic that we took in on trade. I have been asked to consign a 2001 Sweet 16 that is in AWESOME shape Low hours and VERY VERY clean 4.3 Merc w/ Fresh water use. I am part of a very simliar forum w/ MasterCraft boats

I am wanting to know if Donzi did anything special in 2001. This boat is RED WHITE and Blue.

Thanks in advance for your input

Jim@BAWS

UPDATED PHOTOS as of 12/09/2009

http://www.bayareawatersports.com/se...ir=DESC&page=1&
    Last edited by Jim@BAWS; 12-09-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Added Link to photos

I dont think donzi did any thing special for that year.list it for $12,000 and sell it for $10,000.

Sweet 16

Doesn't appear to have trim tabs or transom exhaust, both desirable options on this boat. You will be doing very well to get $10,000 for it final sale in today's market, just my option.
    Oledawg
    Raconteur, bon vivant, curmudgeon
    Other duties as assigned

Lake Tillery, NC
    - Heart of the Uwharrie Mountains

'88 Donzi Classic 22 "Bad Nuff" - 482 stroker 454, Bravo One, Solas 4 blade, Red/White hull, White Deck ( "drivin" boat )

'87 Correct Craft Riviera "Oledawg" - 454 PCM ( "cruzin" boat )

"A man without a boat is a prisoner" - Faronese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg View Post
    Doesn't appear to have trim tabs or transom exhaust, both desirable options on this boat. You will be doing very well to get $10,000 for it final sale in today's market, just my option.
    Ya,I say $8000,oo will buy it, as it looks clean.

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg View Post
    how did you figure that out with no picture of the transom? curious more than anything. it actually looks like there is a tab in the side shot of it.

Tabs/Exhaust

Easy on the tabs, you can see them, even from a side view. Exhaust is purely an educated guess. Leaving it up to the guy selling the boat to counter if it does have transom exhaust, a lot of the later ones did not, but again, if I am wrong he can say so. Would add about $1,000 to the estimate. Am I am expert or seller of boats, I am not. If there is a better "guesstimate" out there, that is what this forum is for. Bring it on!
    Oledawg
    Other duties as assigned

Lake Tillery, NC

'88 Donzi Classic 22 "Bad Nuff" - 482 stroker 454, Bravo One, Solas 4 blade, Red/White hull, White Deck ( "drivin" boat )

Pricing

Actually, as you know, what a Donzi is worth is whatever someone is willing to pay, but NADA says that if this boat has no silent choice or trim tabs the low retail is $8,330 and the high is $9,470. With these two options it goes to low retail of $9,725 and high retail of $11,060. Trim tabs are actually worth about $500 and the transom exhaust the remainder.
    Oledawg
    Other duties as assigned

Lake Tillery, NC

I pulled up his web site and as you guessed, it has tabs but no transom exhaust. pretty good guess

Guessing

Hey, I had two cups of BLACK coffee already this morning and I was feeling BRAVE!
    Oledawg
    Other duties as assigned

Lake Tillery, NC

I guessed 10 g,s then 8 g,s CLOSE ENOUGH FOR HANDGERNADES + ROCK N ROLL

I photographed the boat yesterday and added 20 or so photos

http://www.bayareawatersports.com/se...ir=DESC&page=1&

Boat runs out at approx 50+ MPH. There are trims tabs on the hull. I had them all the way up and only used trim on the OutDrive. Conditions during test run where pretty much flat calm on our lake.
    There is not THROUGH HULL EXHAUST...wish it had it !!!

Thanks for your input. I have reviewed the NADA values and with the trailer I am going to ask $11995 and go from there. Trader online really does not have alot of 16s forsale at this time

Jim@BAWS

Used Donzi

It is a nice, fun boat and I think that you are right on the asking price, you have plenty of room to work if someone is interested. The tabs to me are more important than the exhaust and I would think that the exhaust can be added for $200 worth of Eddie/Hardin Marine SS tips, about $100 of reinforced exhaust hose and SS clamps, and the labor to do it by a good Mercruiser tech. That is for full open, if you go with a Silent Choice system of course you are paying a lot more, but lots of folks running in Florida with open exhaust on Donzi's. Good luck!
    Oledawg
    Other duties as assigned

Lake Tillery, NC

not very sweet 16

Beautiful boat but it is a classic 16. The sweet 16 has the L shaped seat. Sorry for butting in.

Donzi 16

You are absolutely correct, is a 2001 and as such a Classic 16. Doesn't change the pricing though.
    Oledawg
    Other duties as assigned

Lake Tillery, NC

Thread Information