Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing between rocks

Just bought

Here is one of the pictures I took today outside of my shop building - I will post more pictures of the interior later. It looks great in the shop with the 1971 18' 2+3! Sort of a father/son picture - lol. Bill

I'm excited Bill......is that original gel?
    1974 Magnum 27 Sport
    1970 Donzi 18 2+3

No, Aaron, it looks like it was originally a light greenish color, but I will try to find out tomorrow for sure. This color was painted on at some point. I have tons of things I will be doing on it, and I will start a thread when I really get going. I did see the two large fuel tanks with built in gauges instead of sending units - was that typical?
    Also a friend of mine here told me today that he looked at a copy cat boat over the weekend that will be auctioned off - he said it was an Aero which I believe you knew this one was not. What is the story on the Aero? Any good? Bill

Bill this is awesome! By the way, what is that other hull in your shop?
    1988 Minx / Testarossa edition
    1965/6 Ski Sporter 351W/Eaton (doesn't run)

Quote Originally Posted by Conquistador_del_mar View Post
    No, Aaron, it looks like it was originally a light greenish color, but I will try to find out tomorrow for sure. This color was painted on at some point. I have tons of things I will be doing on it, and I will start a thread when I really get going. I did see the two large fuel tanks with built in gauges instead of sending units - was that typical?
    Also a friend of mine here told me today that he looked at a copy cat boat over the weekend that will be auctioned off - he said it was an Aero which I believe you knew this one was not. What is the story on the Aero? Any good? Bill
    Yep....the tanks with built in gauges are original.....

Aero built a near copy of a 27 Sport but there are enough detail differences that I can tell them apart.

Your boat, if the dash is original, is about a '73 or later.....take a look under the dash for the hull #......I'm sure if the transom had one, it's been covered up.

My boat is hull #301 built 06/74......the hull numbers included all 27 Magnums. Sports, Sedans, Starfires and the later center consoles.

1974 Magnum 27 Sport
    1970 Donzi 18 2+3

was this boat originally a single engine TRS boat?
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Quote Originally Posted by superhatz View Post
    Yep....the tanks with built in gauges are original.....

Aero built a near copy of a 27 Sport but there are enough detail differences that I can tell them apart.

Your boat, if the dash is original, is about a '73 or later.....take a look under the dash for the hull #......I'm sure if the transom had one, it's been covered up.

My boat is hull #301 built 06/74......the hull numbers included all 27 Magnums. Sports, Sedans, Starfires and the later center consoles.

Yep, I'll look under the dash tomorrow. So, are the Aeros any good? My friend might try to bid on one. Thanks for the help. Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    was this boat originally a single engine TRS boat?
    No, this one originally had twins - Volvos from what the seller told me, but they were removed before he even bought it. The seller was planning on a single drive, but he realized how much work was necessary so he sold it. He did pay $3000 to have the transom replaced and a couple water pickup holes in the bottom filled. Bill

Quote Originally Posted by cutwater View Post
    Bill this is awesome! By the way, what is that other hull in your shop?
    1973 Magnum 27 Sport and a 1971 Donzi 18 2+3.

I'm not sure on the quality?......there is a 28 Aero on Ebay, is that the one?

Here's the 27 Sport copy made by Aero......the boat on the right looks like the one on Ebay.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1974 Magnum 27 Sport
    1970 Donzi 18 2+3

Quote Originally Posted by Conquistador_del_mar View Post
    1973 Magnum 27 Sport and a 1971 Donzi 18 2+3.
    I thought it might be your 18, but for some reason it looked bigger than 18'
    1988 Minx / Testarossa edition
    1965/6 Ski Sporter 351W/Eaton (doesn't run)

More Aeros......lots were singles and most had Stern Powr drives.

Magnum made very few single engine 27 Sports.....all the one's I've seen were built as race boats.
    1974 Magnum 27 Sport
    1970 Donzi 18 2+3

I'm not sure on the quality?......there is a 28 Aero on Ebay, is that the one?

Here's the 27 Sport copy made by Aero......the boat on the right looks like the one on Ebay.
    The one my friend found over the weekend is one that is at a local marina with back rental overdue.

More Aeros......lots were singles and most had Stern Powr drives.

Magnum made very few single engine 27 Sports.....all the one's I've seen were built as race boats.
    Nice looking boats. I am guessing you can't get Sternpower parts anymore - correct? You probably already know about this 29'9" Magnum race boat for sale. He wants $15,000 but it comes with quite a few parts. Bill

Is it this one?
    1974 Magnum 27 Sport
    1970 Donzi 18 2+3

Thread Information