Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Project Spifire or hunt for a Magnum 27 or maybe.?

What look are you going after? With dual ski pylons properly engineered and installed and a prop change you can make any go fast do good wakeboard duty. Then when you want to do your thing you just remove the pylons. Lars just posted a rare Cigarette 24 for sale if you want retro cool.
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    What look are you going after? With dual ski pylons properly engineered and installed and a prop change you can make any go fast do good wakeboard duty. Then when you want to do your thing you just remove the pylons. Lars just posted a rare Cigarette 24 for sale if you want retro cool.

...Well what I really want is a Magnum 27 sport! If I can't find one then something that still oozes style has a good ride in the chop and is fun to drive. All that said, kids are getting to an age where they won't want to spend time with their dad pretty soon so a wake boat might buy me a little bit of time and I wouldn't put a tower or "roll bar" on something like a Mag 27.
    Jay Z.
    '93 White/Teal Classic 22

[QUOTE=JayZ;668390]...Well what I really want is a Magnum 27 sport!

JayZ...Don't settle anything less than what you want. Wish you could have been in contact with me before she sold, but thems the breaks!
    Don't know if you wanted a turn key boat, but my 27' was at a midway point to go to the next step. All the hard work was done structurally
    ready for the next step paint and rigging.
    If I didn't find the absolute deal in my newly acquired 35' Cig the 27' Sport was to be completed, but the turn key 35' pushed the 27' out.
    Already have first dibbs (if and when) the 27' would come up for sale by the new owner............You'll find one took me 5 years don't settle
    for nothing, but iconic!
    1983 Cigarette 35' Mistress
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    ...Well what I really want is a Magnum 27 sport! If I can't find one then something that still oozes style has a good ride in the chop and is fun to drive. All that said, kids are getting to an age where they won't want to spend time with their dad pretty soon so a wake boat might buy me a little bit of time and I wouldn't put a tower or "roll bar" on something like a Mag 27.
    Sounds like you will be buying a wake boat.
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Former Pirate Racing Magnum for sale, boat is actually in Tennessee. https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/6167922109.html

Attached Images Attached Images
    Rated 'R'
    Raw Rowdy & Rockin

Quote Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
    Former Pirate Racing Magnum for sale, boat is actually in Tennessee. https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/6167922109.html
    Is this a stirpped down modified 27 sport or some other version of the same hull? ...doesn't have some of the scoops and some of the other styling details usually seen on the Mag 27.
    Jay Z.
    '93 White/Teal Classic 22

Magnum Starfire deck was mated with a Magnum Sport hull. Starfire deck allowed for big blocks and taller in the rear and were considered race version of the 27.

Is this a stirpped down modified 27 sport or some other version of the same hull? ...doesn't have some of the scoops and some of the other styling details usually seen on the Mag 27.
    Rated 'R'
    Raw Rowdy & Rockin

Thread Information