Thread: Gotta Love da Donzi!

Gotta Love da Donzi!

Having lots of fun in the TR.

http://youtu.be/SZmih-e_8KM
    2006 Classic 16

Quote Originally Posted by inlander View Post
    Having lots of fun in the TR.

http://youtu.be/SZmih-e_8KM
    Gorgeous lake! Boat sounded nice! Were you trimming it out much? How fast was that? The camera nevers does speed justice. I'd like to mount a goro to the bow of my 2+3 and get a video point towards the stern to get the people's faces and maybe see more of the boat resulting in a good sense of speed.
    DUNESMAN

Quote Originally Posted by pipnit View Post
    Gorgeous lake! Boat sounded nice! Were you trimming it out much? How fast was that? The camera nevers does speed justice. I'd like to mount a goro to the bow of my 2+3 and get a video point towards the stern to get the people's faces and maybe see more of the boat resulting in a good sense of speed.
    Thanks

Video was taken on Folsom Lake, Calif. in the area of the North Fork of the American River. Had minimal trim, just enough to adjust for one fat guy and another fatter guy. Probably pushing about 410 lbs passenger weight, not including a half tank of gas. As far as speed...I can only guess in the mid-sixties?? Spedo read 25. Good thing spedo is broken, because when the wife says I'm going too fast, I just tell her the spedo is only reading 25. Engine is a 350 mag, with Alpha 1 and a Quicksilver prop, which I think is stock. With the GoPro, I've tried different locations and have gotten some good results. Just make sure you attach some kind of life line to the camera base. Had the camera mounted on a 21' Boston Whaler bowsprit and about 5 minutes into the video, the mount came loose. Had it tied to the deck, so it didn't go bye, bye. I think it came loose, because of a dirty deck surface.
    2006 Classic 16

Thanks

Video was taken on Folsom Lake, Calif. in the area of the North Fork of the American River. Had minimal trim, just enough to adjust for one fat guy and another fatter guy. Probably pushing about 410 lbs passenger weight, not including a half tank of gas. As far as speed...I can only guess in the mid-sixties?? Spedo read 25. Good thing spedo is broken, because when the wife says I'm going too fast, I just tell her the spedo is only reading 25. Engine is a 350 mag, with Alpha 1 and a Quicksilver prop, which I think is stock. With the GoPro, I've tried different locations and have gotten some good results. Just make sure you attach some kind of life line to the camera base. Had the camera mounted on a 21' Boston Whaler bowsprit and about 5 minutes into the video, the mount came loose. Had it tied to the deck, so it didn't go bye, bye. I think it came loose, because of a dirty deck surface.

Cool, well your video has inspired me. My old gopro was scratched up badly so I ordered a new HD one last night with the LCD back. I'll try to make a video, the way I'm talking about this week. I wish my old one wasn't scratched up, it would be cool to use two at the same time to edit somethign together.
    I'll make sure to use a laynard and probably some 100mph tape too.
    Cheers!
    DUNESMAN

Cool, well your video has inspired me. My old gopro was scratched up badly so I ordered a new HD one last night with the LCD back. I'll try to make a video, the way I'm talking about this week. I wish my old one wasn't scratched up, it would be cool to use two at the same time to edit somethign together.
    I'll make sure to use a laynard and probably some 100mph tape too.
    Cheers!
    Still trying to get the hang of editing. Using Freemake now. Camera is great, but with only two function buttons, stuff happens. Pushed the wrong sequence and ended up taking about 300 photos, spaced one second apart. Delete, delete, delete...
    Heard some good stories about GoPro's customer service, including freebee stuff. Maybe they'll replace the lens for ya?
    Get that video done and post it!
    2006 Classic 16

Still trying to get the hang of editing. Using Freemake now. Camera is great, but with only two function buttons, stuff happens. Pushed the wrong sequence and ended up taking about 300 photos, spaced one second apart. Delete, delete, delete...
    Heard some good stories about GoPro's customer service, including freebee stuff. Maybe they'll replace the lens for ya?
    Get that video done and post it!
    Ha, I can't tell you how many times, I've tried to record a motorcycle race or something only to get still shots, five seconds apart, upside down, lol. yes, it can be difficult deciphering the symbols on the LED screen. With this new one, I wound up ordering the LED back which is a seperate component and removes the ambiguity of view angle, settings, etc.
    DUNESMAN

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I got my new HD Go-Pro. Wow, they have improved this thing a lot since the first generation.
    You should get one of these LCD backs, it makes the operation a heck of a lot easier, not to mention you can playback videos (with sound!) and also see what you're aiming at. It comes with different backs so you can accomodate for the extra 3/8" on the back of the camera.
    DUNESMAN

Was it store bought or on-line?
    Earlier this spring I was on Best Buys web site looking at the motion version only w/o still capability but I wanted to purchase it thru the store and called them but was told it was a on-line item only.
    I would rather have it in my hands first to see it before buying since i've never held one yet in person and hate to buy anything from a picture even though I know they take fantastic video pic's.
    Think Fast, Live Long!
    Humor Helps.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I got my new HD Go-Pro. Wow, they have improved this thing a lot since the first generation.
    You should get one of these LCD backs, it makes the operation a heck of a lot easier, not to mention you can playback videos (with sound!) and also see what you're aiming at. It comes with different backs so you can accomodate for the extra 3/8" on the back of the camera.
    I ordered a 1080 GoPro last week that should be here any day. Is that the one you got in? I look forward to taking some videos to show here on the Donzi site. If I can figure out how to do it, I would like to mount the camera on my head to show what I am seeing at any time. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Got the LCD screen when they came out with it. Nice to have it available, unfortunately, in bright light it's difficult to see. Gotta throw something over my head and camera to see the screen, but that's typical with a lot of the LCD screens. Still works for me though. Go Pro is first class in my estimation. Been experimenting with various themes. Got some balloons with helium that I'm going to launch over the house, with the GoPro attached...tethered of course. Would like to get a high speed shot of the Donz from the stern, shooting forward from an elevated position. Next, I think I'll mount it to the dog?????

Just got too much time on my hands, I guess.
    2006 Classic 16

Nice! Videos rock!
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Got the LCD screen when they came out with it. Nice to have it available, unfortunately, in bright light it's difficult to see. Gotta throw something over my head and camera to see the screen, but that's typical with a lot of the LCD screens. Still works for me though. Go Pro is first class in my estimation. Been experimenting with various themes. Got some balloons with helium that I'm going to launch over the house, with the GoPro attached...tethered of course. Would like to get a high speed shot of the Donz from the stern, shooting forward from an elevated position. Next, I think I'll mount it to the dog?????

Just got too much time on my hands, I guess.
    You just gave an idea. I will mount it on my stunt kite - that should make a fun video showing me flying it and the sounds of the wind from a totally different perspective as it flys around. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

Quote Originally Posted by Conquistador_del_mar View Post
    You just gave an idea. I will mount it on my stunt kite - that should make a fun video showing me flying it and the sounds of the wind from a totally different perspective as it flys around. Bill
    Nice idea. Assume you are a proficient stunt kite flyer. If not...photos good, impact bad!
    2006 Classic 16

Nice idea. Assume you are a proficient stunt kite flyer. If not...photos good, impact bad!
    Funny! I figure that even if it crashed, the GoPro would survive. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

Thread Information