Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Yellow Rose 1976?

Lightbulb

Just an idea ?

Might it be possible to trace the boat's current owner from it's old New Jersey hull registration number~~~assuming you have a clear old photo of that old number from when your Dad once owned that Donzi ?

I do hope you soon find your Dad's old Donzi !
    "BENCHSEAT 18" ~~YellowJacket~~ project owner~
    1929 Chris~Craft 28' Tripple Cockpit Mahogany Speedboat / A-120-A 845 Cu.In. 375 H.P. Chris~Craft V-8 racing engine.
    24' American Skier
    Super Eagle 454 HO Skiboat
    1991 454 SS Chevy Super Sport Pick-up for towing my "Toys".

There is no such thing as going too fast ~ ~~
    OR~ Being too old~ for a new "Toy"!

Brad Hunter
    Huntingdon Valley Pa (Just outside Philly)~
    Ocean City NJ
    silverghost1926@msn.com
    215 947 4676 (PA Home)

In NJ the reg #'s change with the new buyer unlike many states where they stay with the boat. I always hated having to remove and put on new stickers that were perfectly good.
    Nick
    1994 22' Classic-454 B1 Red & white
    1981 13' Whaler sport(original owner)
    South Tampa Bay, FL "May I mamoo dogface to the banana patch?"

HI There unfortly the DMV will not allow people to search by VIN or reg numbers due to privacy. I already tried and I got to the DMV a lot for work. We have theold reg numbers as in NJ they do stay with the boat. They do not change. However I cannot find that way. We do have the original bill off sale from Ocean Beach Marine in Laffayette NJ where my dasd purchased it. VIN is unclear but the year we can see. Search continues.

It's been a year. Hope he found the boat
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

I know of a little history on mine and it does have a few things in common with the boat in question. I got it from a guy in the mid west but .... From what I understand it spent some time in NJ and Florida. It's a 1976, port side steering, I thought it was more gold and white but it could be yellow, someone redid the interior also (what was left of it) no clue what it was originally, same hardware I can see in the pictures...
    I just don't see how you could be sure it was any boat unless they found it with the name still written down the side with the information at hand. Mine was painted dark blue when I got it and didn't need to be stripped down to the hull before it was repainted. It could have been named at one time but you could never prove it and what would be the first thing you would do with a boat with that history (no disrespect intended)? Strip the name off and paint it something real different. Mine even looked like it was painted in a real hurry and I could go on, on how it fits their description but how could you ever prove it today?

A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

Interesting information about this 1976. I owned a yellow and white 1976 18 2+3
    In ft. Lauderdale and sold it to a guy from NJ sometime in the mid 80's. It was a port steering with a Volvo and 350. The boat was yellow with white bottom. When I had the boat, I installed a cam driven water pump and changed the camshaft. I drilled a small hole in the back seat to slide the cam in without removing the engine. I do not have the vin number anymore but have some old photos somewhere.

Mine had a Volvo 280 (think it was a 280T) according to the vin number. Did a lot of work to the back side of the seat prepping for paint when the top was off. Never saw where a hole could have been cut out. Did look like it had a small block in it.
    You can check out the restore at http://www.supernova19.com/resurrect...surrection.htm
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

RMV,
    I know this is an old thread but just stumbled across it when a couple of us were reminiscing about spending summers on LBI.
    As a kid I used to love watching your dad blast out of Loveladies past Vol Sedge in the Yellow Rose (our house is in High Bar Harbor facing the Causeway). I had a small 8' hydroplane and I'd cruise across the flats to try to see him since it was one of the few go-fasts on that end of the island back in the 70's/80's. I remember Yellow Rose, Caliente (20' or 24' Cigarette) and another Donzi 22 on our street which almost never ran. I heard rumors about your dad's accident but figured it was an urban legend until I saw this post.
    I'm sorry to hear about the accident and I hope you can track down the boat at some point.

Thanks all. We just found a copy of the reg card but its not really clear on the HIN# See attached.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffkin15 View Post
    RMV,
    I know this is an old thread but just stumbled across it when a couple of us were reminiscing about spending summers on LBI.
    As a kid I used to love watching your dad blast out of Loveladies past Vol Sedge in the Yellow Rose (our house is in High Bar Harbor facing the Causeway). I had a small 8' hydroplane and I'd cruise across the flats to try to see him since it was one of the few go-fasts on that end of the island back in the 70's/80's. I remember Yellow Rose, Caliente (20' or 24' Cigarette) and another Donzi 22 on our street which almost never ran. I heard rumors about your dad's accident but figured it was an urban legend until I saw this post.
    I'm sorry to hear about the accident and I hope you can track down the boat at some point.
    Great story. Yes those were defiantly the days on LBI. I still rip up the bay to this day.

Just got a really good lead which sounds like the boat in NY State however the vin on that boat is DMR185641076

see my post on .ORG

I think I unraveled this
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    see my post on .ORG

I think I unraveled this
    Thank you again just need to find it now.

Anyone know or heard of Christian Buddy? He may have purchased it in NJ in the 80's. Thanks.

Buizilla from the Donzi.org forum was able to get me the build card. Hopefully this can help me in my search.

Thread Information