Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 18 interior never used

Thumbs up 18 interior never used

I have a never installed, brand new white with red piping interior for an 18. Two buckets, one bench. This interior was never installed, and just sat in storage for a long time. The plastic has gathered some dust, and one of the bucket seats has a small watermark in the underside wood, but as you can tell the seats (tuck and roll leather) are immaculate. If you wanted new ones they would have to custom build them and you'd pay about $2,300 for them. These are available today, and I am selling them for $2,000 + shipping.. or come pick them up. I took the bench seats out for pictures, but as you can see the buckets are still in the wrapper (they come with snaps). Feel free to ask any questions, I'll also take more pictures upon request.

These are the ones that were on Ebay... Your lucky I didnt have the cash on hand. They were a steal for $700
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

mrfixxall Guest

Thumbs down Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyc View Post
    These are the ones that were on Ebay... Your lucky I didnt have the cash on hand. They were a steal for $700

yep it looks like a the one's on ebay! Funny thing is the guy you were buying them from said a guy from ct was really bugging him to buy this interior..and now? what a profit..

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    ..and now? what a profit..
    Only if they sell. I hope they gather as much dust now as they did before.

This site has tended to be more like a family, with people helping each other, many times above and beyond, extending "brother-in-law" deals on stuff they have that someone else needs, in support of a common interest in Donzis.

Buying something, and improving it somehow, replacing broken parts, correcting mechanical issues, enhancing the cosmetics, and then reselling it is fine. Value was added that is reflected in the price differential.

Buying something that others need, and have expressed an interest in, simply to turn around and re-sell it at a huge profit, rubs me the wrong way.

That's just me.
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

Quote Originally Posted by Just Say N20 View Post
    Only if they sell. I hope they gather as much dust now as they did before.

This site has tended to be more like a family, with people helping each other, many times above and beyond, extending "brother-in-law" deals on stuff they have that someone else needs, in support of a common interest in Donzis.

Buying something that others need, and have expressed an interest in, simply to turn around and re-sell it at a huge profit, rubs me the wrong way.

That's just me.
    +1 N20
    I had a chance to buy them. Spoke with the guy on the phone and he told me about this guy from CT that wanted them real bad. I assumed he had a boat they were going in... Guess not. The seller told me he would sell them to me instead because I lived closer and we had a mutual friend. I passed on the seats ( even though I needed them) allowing the CT guy to get them... I assumed he had the same needs as myself. To use them
    He paid $700 for them.
    When I saw the price he was trying to get I had to let the members know. Im all for someone making a buck, but Geeeze thats just not good Karma... Pay it forward.

Question

Were these not posted on this site before they went onto the ebay auction site ?
    I thought someone here actually made a deal to buy them before at that time.
    Several other folks were also interested, and were waiting in the wings ?

Is this another "Flip-for-a-BIG-Profit" situation ?
    "BENCHSEAT 18" ~~YellowJacket~~ project owner~
    1929 Chris~Craft 28' Tripple Cockpit Mahogany Speedboat / A-120-A 845 Cu.In. 375 H.P. Chris~Craft V-8 racing engine.
    24' American Skier
    Super Eagle 454 HO Skiboat
    1991 454 SS Chevy Super Sport Pick-up for towing my "Toys".

There is no such thing as going too fast ~ ~~
    OR~ Being too old~ for a new "Toy"!

Brad Hunter
    Huntingdon Valley Pa (Just outside Philly)~
    Ocean City NJ
    silverghost1926@msn.com
    215 947 4676 (PA Home)

Quote Originally Posted by silverghost View Post
    Were these not posted on this site before they went onto the ebay auction site ?
    I thought someone here actually made a deal to buy them before at that time.
    Several other folks were also interested, and were waiting in the wings ?

Is this another "Flip-for-a-BIG-Profit" situation ?
    They wernt on this site. The seller told me he messed up when he put them on e bay and put them in classified instead of an auction. Seller is from Toms River area. When I spoke with him he told me he needed new tires for his truck so he had to sell the seats. I backed off thinking it was someone in the Donzi Family that needed them as well...

Yes this is a flip for huge profit... only if they sell

Gotta love this.
    You would not be Donzi owners if you were not so passionate and full of life.

What I really need is the interior to a 16. Two years ago my wife relented and allowed me to fulfill my dream of owning a Donzi. I don't have a ton of cash to throw around so I had to buy one with a couple of deficiencies, (amongst others the stupid lag at shifting and 2 head gaskets that blew the second day I had the boat!) including a lack of an interior. For two years I have been scouring the internet for an interior of any condition, and facing the fact that I am going to have to buy new ones at $2,465... A couple of days ago I saw these. I contacted the owner, he told me he had made a mistake, I told him to make me an offer, I accepted his price.

He was fully aware of how much he originally paid for them, he is in the boat business, and he told me all this himself. Any one of you could have purchased them, he could have sold them to any one he wanted to, I did not tie him up, he was not 95 and blind, and I got them off ebay, wich means the whoe USA had a chance at these..

So yes I really wanted them cause for the first time in my Donzi owning life I caught a break... as we are expecting a baby my 'fun' fund can only be increased via other ways than my regular income.

So we can do two things:

1) Who ever wants these seats can help me find seats L shaped seats for a 1994 16... I'll even settle for used/worn-in ones, and only the bench... We can work out some sort of exchange and I'll do it as long as I get seats... this might actually be the best bet, as it will keep my wife from trying to appropriate a percentage of the profit to the baby will need lots of diapers fund and put me further behind.

2) Some one can buy these 'new' seats without having to wait for them to be made, for $300 less even though they are no different that new ones, and I'll still be $500 dollars short, but that much closer to my dream and the opportunity for my wife and other passengers to sit on on something other than their PFD's.

So can we get back to helping out a Donzi owner who is trying to make his boat whole?
    You are all free to search the threads for my name and see that I do have a 16, and see that I have been trying to solve the above issues!

Thanks guys.
    Kev

Because as I stated before, I have been looking for 2 years for the 16 seats, and I figured that by selling them, I would be closer to being able to purchase the more expensive 16 L seats (as I have not seen used ones ever for sale, not even in the history (mine is not the ski sporter!)). All I want is to take out my boat and enjoy a day on the lake... You want to come up and see for your self? I've got it at Candlewood lake, come up, we'll go for a ride, and you can sit on the hard plastic or your pfd if you would like a more comfortable ride. Give me a call 203-512-5349 we'll go out.

I've had to buy and sell items from time to time to support my "habit" as well. Like Kev, it is sometimes the only way I can get the things I want without having to spend my regular income. It makes getting what you really want take longer and I can thoroughly relate to what Kev is trying to do...as I'm sure many of you can too!

In a perfect world, and an altruistic society, we would all "help" each other out and "give" these seats away, but unfortunately that is not the world we live in, so maybe you guys should cut Kev some slack.

I would also point out that Kev has given some options to those who may want this interior so that he ultimately gets what he wants too, so nothing wrong with that.

And Kev, as I said, I know where you are coming from too, but maybe if you dropped the price to make a modest profit to get you closer to what you want, it would go along way as well...you know..."share the wealth" so to speak. Even at 1400, you double your money and give someone a heck of a deal on a new interior...

no more sour grapes please

Hope you get all you are asking for. You bought em, now sell them for as big a profit as you can and get the seats you need.

Bob
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Quote Originally Posted by seano View Post
    I've had to buy and sell items from time to time to support my "habit" as well. Like Kev, it is sometimes the only way I can get the things I want without having to spend my regular income. It makes getting what you really want take longer and I can thoroughly relate to what Kev is trying to do...as I'm sure many of you can too!

In a perfect world, and an altruistic society, we would all "help" each other out and "give" these seats away, but unfortunately that is not the world we live in, so maybe you guys should cut Kev some slack.

I would also point out that Kev has given some options to those who may want this interior so that he ultimately gets what he wants too, so nothing wrong with that.

And Kev, as I said, I know where you are coming from too, but maybe if you dropped the price to make a modest profit to get you closer to what you want, it would go along way as well...you know..."share the wealth" so to speak. Even at 1400, you double your money and give someone a heck of a deal on a new interior...

no more sour grapes please
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidbart View Post
    Hope you get all you are asking for. You bought em, now sell them for as big a profit as you can and get the seats you need.

Bob
    Yep, nothing wrong with making a profit on boat related items since most times we all lose money on them - I hope you can trade or sell the seats and get what you need. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Good point seano. I didnt buy them because I need a whole bunch of things before I worry about seats. Hey remember there is an a s s for every seat( no punn intended) They are brand new.
    Just remember the kindness and good nature you pay forward today will come back to you tomorrow.
    Best of luck.
    ps.
    Maybe you can talk to Jamie from Lakeside and he can work out something for you in trade for what you really need... They do have value and hes a good guy to work with

Hey guys, thanks for the support.

As I have mentioned before I am open to ideas, so if anyone is interested, let me know or PM me and we'll work something out.
    Thanks
    Kev

I just had a complete, awesome quality set of cushions made for my 67 Ski-Sporter for $1,560. He was able to use some of the original cushions for ideas, but not as a pattern.

Pictures here, in post 427. http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...=58186&page=29
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

Thread Information