Thread: Tuck and roll upholstery is expensive!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tuck and roll upholstery is expensive!

I'm getting my two rear seat back panels done locally for $1,127. They are at Seat Cover King which has been in business since 1963. I hope they do it right. Two shops didn't even want to touch this job!
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Good luck!

Hope they come out nice. Let us know. I looked at replacing my interior last year but postponed that after putting the new motor in. Maybe next year.

'07 22 Classic Shelby GT
    '96 18 Classic - sold
    '69 16 Ski & Sport - sold

That’s a little steep. I recently had my complete interior including the sides for 2000. Top of the line vinyl and I had the rear pads a little thicker for more comfort.
    better to die on your feet, than live on your knees

According to John Harmon (original Bilt Rite), when the rear seat backs are done correctly, they should be curved and stand on their own.

Ken

For that money they had better be perfect. We will see ...
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by CHACHI View Post
    According to John Harmon (original Bilt Rite), when the rear seat backs are done correctly, they should be curved and stand on their own.

Ken

I took my biltrite seats to an interior guy and he said those seats would give any interior guy nightmares he said that was true craftsmanship and they don't do work like that anymore. he said a top end hotrod shop was probably the only place to go to get that end product.

look at a biltrite candy cane interior the seams and colors are ballz on from seat cushion to seat back
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

When I did my resto I allowed myself 2 'treats' that were to be done by other people. The upholstery/cushions were one of them .
    The gal who did my work was originally in the sail making trade and moved on to marine and high end interior work.
    I knew it would be expensive but it came out flawlessly . I guess that if you want the real look ya gotta pay !

Now , when my brother redid the interior on his XK19 the shop he used got one of their newest hires , basically an apprentice , to do the job. The rear seat was very similar to the C22 and when he saw the end result he told the guy to stop right there. In the end the shop owner took over and re-did it and finished all the other work and it came out very well.
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Thread Information