Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1996 Donzi Classic 22 - Headed to Tahoe

1996 Donzi Classic 22 - Headed to Tahoe

Some of you may have seen my post in another thread.

I recently purchased a 1996 Donzi Classic 22 out of Illinois, and its on it's way back to California for a new life on Lake Tahoe.

I've loved Donzi classics for a long as I can remember. I need to track down the photo of me in a Donzi shirt when I was 5.

Been seriously searching for a 22 Classic for Tahoe for the last 6 months, and found a deal outside Chicago that was too good to pass up.

1996 Classic 22
    454 EFI, Bravo 1
    400 ish hours
    Fire Suppression
    Newer Sony Bluetooth Head Unit
    Switchable exhaust
    Red/White.

Sides were repainted at one point, but it is chipping along the water line. I'll run it for a few years and let it prove it's worth before I spend they money to repaint.

Current plan is to get it in the water as soon as it's delivered, and see how it does. Want to get a few days in before the season ends, but it's been sub freezing at my house in Truckee, so winterization will happen before it comes home.

From there, goal is to mostly run as is. Want to add the middle cleats by the front of the windshield, as close to the stock location on the new ones as possible.
    Next step will be stereo. I love a good boat stereo for idling in, hanging out in the middle of the lake, etc. Big wetsounds fan on wake/ski boats, but we'll see what I end up doing here.

Tracked down a small Sony remote that was discontinued (RM-X11M), and planning to reuse one of the smaller dash holes by the driver. May hide the exhaust switch under the dash and steal that hole for the remote. Need to measure and see if a 10" or a 12" sub fits best under the bow, and get new speakers with an Alpine PDXV9. 4x100 and 500x1 RMS will do great, and be an efficient amp for this configuration. Second battery in stock configuration is also in the plans. Other than that, working on fender storage plan, as well as some cupholders and accessory storage pockets, all while trying to maintain a stock looking apperance.

When looking for detail pics of these boats, i found the internet lacking, so here's all i've got.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...jVvbW1fWm1udlU

I'll add underseat storage, ski locker, and under bow pics when i get them.

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great looking boat. You will feel like that kid when you're running that big block on Tahoe. Enjoy the new toy.

Looks good. You're freezing already? We're enjoying weather in the 80s in Michigan.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Still nice during the days, but Truckee is regularly the coldest place in the west. Mid to low 20's at night this week.

So, better safe than sorry. Will do some block drains a few times before I give up and do the full winterization

Nice Boat Good Luck!

Finishing up my 5 season of owning my 22C. I've not ever had a boat for 6 seasons but looks like this one may stick around.
    Any questions fire away.
    You'll Love the boat!
    Thank you, Patrick
    1994 18' Classic 350Mag Alpha

Previously owned Donzis -
    1996 22' Classic, 502Mag Bravo
    1987 20' Minx, 350Mag Alpha
    1975 18' Classic, 350Chevy Volvo 280

Nice find. I looked at all your pictures. Thanks for posting.

Did you run the boat for very long without a water hookup?

I have a '96 22 and live in Grass Valley...actually closer to Colfax. You're more than welcome to come by and see my setup if you'd like. I hope to be launching in Tahoe for a couple days next week if the weather cooperates. When are you expecting delivery?
    Scott
    530-949-7226

Quote Originally Posted by TBroccoli View Post
    Nice find. I looked at all your pictures. Thanks for posting.

Did you run the boat for very long without a water hookup?
    A friend ran it just long enough for that video. The boat will only get used a time or 2 before impeller replacement, so not too concerned.
    Have proper flushing setup on its way so I can run it on the hose in the future.

Having a hell of a time Shipping this thing.

It was held hostage by a shipper for a few weeks. Back in “my” possession now. Hoping to get it on the road this week.

Quote Originally Posted by dhcomp View Post
    Having a hell of a time Shipping this thing.

It was held hostage by a shipper for a few weeks. Back in “my” possession now. Hoping to get it on the road this week.
    I know a lot about fright shipping, if you have any questions get in touch and I'll be happy to help any way that I can. 937.618.0699

Thanks! Think I have it figured out now, but will be in touch if I have any other issues. Thanks!

Finally got this thing on the road. Will update when I get to see it for the first time!

It’s here!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dhcomp View Post
    It’s here!!!!
    Let the good times begin!

Great boat.
    My classic 22 is still in the water if you want to take yours out and run her.
    I am looking for a reason to go for a cruise. Prob gonna pull it out soon.

Not a lot of boats left in the water these days.

I will have to get you a Lake Tahoe Donzi Club T-shirt

20170821_103152_resized.jpg

Thread Information