Thread: Can Someone Please tell me it's worth it 96' 22C

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can Someone Please tell me it's worth it 96' 22C

Where to start really? Well I should have known better, as Red was always my bad luck color but I guess it was just a bad call at the time. But the mid 90's Red Classic issues has gotten me pretty good with the body so looking for advise on how to tackle this? Let it go or keep going? Wife loves the classic. I have 2 other boats but the Classic is her favorite. FYI it was originally a SBC/ Bravo now a BBC/Bravo setup.
    Following are a few pictures to help you guys understand what i'm seeing. Gel coat has cracked in multiple areas and blisters towards the front by the bow/ engine cover and inside the cockpit front back and inside the storage area between the seats. Before you assume the worst the transom and stringers look solid. I've drilled holes in the top ( where donzi originally filled with foam from the factory) to make sure no water was in there sitting. Should I jump ship or learn and tackle this thing. I've already started sanding inside the engine bay prepping for paint and clearing out any noticeable issues. Repair & repaint and enjoy it for the few years? Change the color and be married to it for the next few years? What should I do fellow Donzi Enthusiast??? Thanks Guys and Gals (if any?)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information