Thread: Need Advice On Harvey Damaged 22C

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need Advice On Harvey Damaged 22C

I was one of the many who sustained flooding in the Cedar Bayou area during the torrential rains of Harvey. As a result we sustained 2 flooded houses, 3 flooded vehicles and sunken 22 Classic it was under for 3-4 days. My Classic is a 1999 7.4MPI with around 215hrs or so on it. Its in good to excellent condition and has just had all the hardware removed and reinstalled with new DonziDirect steering wheel, cowl vents , side stickers, speakers after it was wet sanded and buffed just a few months ago and covered.

I was wondering what to expect from the results of the survey possibly? I have it insured for $25000 cash value plus trailer at the time.

Will it be totaled?
    Will they pay the insured value?
    If they do not total it how will it effect its value in the future?
    Will it be right again if not?

I live where the 52" fell and the 60" was just north by 7 miles or so. It all drained down Cedar Bayou which we live 200' from.

http://pix11.com/2017/08/29/harvey-b...opical-system/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/29...52-inches.html

http://baytownsun.com/news/article_7...98d40f486.html

Anyone have any comments? They are coming to get it today.

sorry for your losses,

with the 22 they may total it I have heard of people buying back the totaled item for a discounted rate and then repairing it with the settlement money.

but that is under normal conditions with a disaster on the scale of Harvey the insurance companies may act differently

good luck hope things get back to normal for you and all of you down there.
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Salt? If so, take the money and run..
    Cheers,
    Pismo
    1996 22 Classic
    Red with Stainless Windshield
    Stock Gen VI 502 Magnum MPI-415hp
    Stock Bravo I
    25" Mirage Plus
    74.5mph best @ 5050rpm GPS (Speedo said 80)
    27" Labbed Mirage Plus
    75.5mph best @ 4800rpm GPS (Speedo said 82)

----I hate to say this and certainly hope I'm wrong, but I have been told that many boat insurance policies don't cover hurricane damage. Good luck with your problem and I sincerely hope I am wrong.......Bill S

TX , I feel for you and your losses and what you've been through , along with everyone else there . I can imagine the state that you must be in right now . Where do you even begin ?

As someone above asked , was it salt water ?
    Was it tossed around badly and suffered other serious structural damage ?

Out here (nasty very salty water ) boats are regularly salvaged if they simply sink without other physical damage , the problem is that to do it right generally the engine and everything electrical will have to be replaced.
    I think an engine that has gone for a swim in fresh water is pretty salvageable but a fair bit of electrical replacement will be needed.

What I have heard done out here in the past is the owner will accept the repair settlement (parts and labor are expensive) and then sell the boat as a handyman special and come out on top in terms of a total loss cash settlement seeing the boat for resale in the condition it was before the sinking was less than new replacement .

Why is anyone coming to take the boat anyway if nothing's been settled on yet ?
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Thread Information