Thread: Shipping a Donzi cross country

Shipping a Donzi cross country

May have to ship my 16 way up North from Florida in a few months. Besides winterizing, is there anything else? Should the gas tank be emptied, should the boat be shrink-wrapped? I do need to send the trailer, too. Another thread suggested UShip, any other recommendations? What would it cost to ship 1,600 miles? Thanks!
    2009 Classic 16
    NW Tampa Bay

U Ship brought down a 16 I bought on eBay from upstate Maine ( Bar harbor area) to Pasadena Maryland. 700+ miles for $500 but that was them towing it on my trailer.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

I used uShip for mine coming out of Seattle and paid $1200 for 2400 miles. Ohio is a good freight market so I was able to get a decent rate by being flexible on ship date and being in a location that trucks want to get to. I would expect trucks to come out of Florida for a pretty low cost, but it depends on where the destination is and how many drivers are willing to go there. The market is driven by supply and demand.

Mine was towed so it picked up lots of road dirt on the hull and trailer, took a few good washes to get everything clean. I don't think shrink wrap would've helped any in that situation.

My suggestions are:
    • Post it on uShip with very thorough information and pictures. The best information will help the driver quote you accurately.
    • Be flexible on when it can ship, but prepared to ship immediately if you get the right offer.
    • Be flexible and prepared to pay the driver in a way form that they prefer.
    • Check the references, insurance and operating authority to make sure you're getting a reputable carrier.

Good luck!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 45171 View Post
    I used uShip for mine coming out of Seattle and paid $1200 for 2400 miles. Ohio is a good freight market so I was able to get a decent rate by being flexible on ship date and being in a location that trucks want to get to. I would expect trucks to come out of Florida for a pretty low cost, but it depends on where the destination is and how many drivers are willing to go there. The market is driven by supply and demand.

Mine was towed so it picked up lots of road dirt on the hull and trailer, took a few good washes to get everything clean. I don't think shrink wrap would've helped any in that situation.

My suggestions are:
    • Post it on uShip with very thorough information and pictures. The best information will help the driver quote you accurately.
    • Be flexible on when it can ship, but prepared to ship immediately if you get the right offer.
    • Be flexible and prepared to pay the driver in a way form that they prefer.
    • Check the references, insurance and operating authority to make sure you're getting a reputable carrier.

Good luck!
    2009 Classic 16
    NW Tampa Bay

Uship, shrink wrap it. get driver contact numbers

Thread Information