I have our late Harbormaster's old boat. It was modified by Donzi to carry an outboard on the transom, and Scott converted it back to a Bravo outdrive with a raised X dimension. I am running a Revolution 4 prop, and the boat hooks up OK, but it runs very flat at speed and hits pretty hard when you take a wave. With the raised X dimension, my ability to pick the bow up with the motor is pretty limited.

It has an enormous gas tank that comes right up to the floorboards the full length of what I believe is usually a locker down the middle of the cockpit. The work order indicated that it holds 80 gallons. I am wondering if Donzi moved the tank forward to balance the extra weight of the outboard motor hanging off the transom.

There are no 22s around here for comparison, so I am not sure where the fore and aft center of gravity should be on a stock boat. However, the boat definitely rides with the bow lower when the tank is full, and it rides better when I have people sitting in the back seat. Also, it does porpoise quite a bit in the 40s, and the tabs don't seem to be very effective. They tend to make the boat crab as much as push one or the other side of the bow down.

Do you think that the gas tank could be an issue? I would appreciate knowing where the tank is on a stock boat. Reading around the forum, I understand that it runs around 55 gallons, so my fuel load must be around 150 pounds more than stock.

Thanks in advance for your advice,
Don