Thread: 28ZX Wiring diagram

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

28ZX Wiring diagram

Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 28ZX?

I was working on my overheating issue and suddenly lost power to the dash. I have power to both engines, both drives, radio, and the captain's call exhaust. No power to the rest of the panel below the gauges (nav lights, cockpit lights, etc.) The main issue with that is there is no power to raise the hatch. I checked the wiring under the dash and all looks good. All breakers are good as well.

Another handy piece of info would be how to raise the hatch with no power in the event the issue is in the engine room. I tried lifting it and there is no way in hell I can get it moving.

Do you have power to the dash? If so, check to see if there is power on the output of the engine hatch switch. If it's a bad switch you won't have any power when the switch is in the closed (on) position. Let us know if you need help with how to do that.

'07 22 Classic Shelby GT
    '96 18 Classic - sold
    '69 16 Ski & Sport - sold

Are all your circuit breakers set? They have to be there somewhere on your dash.
    If all else fails, get a jumper wire and jump from your ignition switch to your hatch
    switch.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

I have power to both ignitions, stereo, drive trim, and the captain's call (which is tied to the starboard engine key).

I have no power to any other switch so I know it isn't a bad switch. Anchor/nav lights, cockpit lights, GPS, hatch switch, etc. are all out. All were working, then suddenly quit. I put the hatch up and down 5 or 6 times that morning then everything suddenly went dead.

I checked every breaker on the main panel and underneath the helm. I checked every fuse I could get to behind the dash. All were good.

Check all of your grounds. It could be that the things you listed that went out share a common ground. If the connection is bad or failed it could be your culprit. Those are the easy things to start with. Check continuity to see where the point of failure it.

'07 22 Classic Shelby GT
    '96 18 Classic - sold
    '69 16 Ski & Sport - sold

Thread Information