Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who Was That

Who Was That

July 4/17 heading north early afternoon on Highway 400 just above Toronto a pickup towing a trailer with Connecticut plates with a dark blue Donzi with twin motors. White bottom with red stripe?

Assume heading to Gravenhurst for the boat show but this beast looked stunning. Decal on pickup truck gave a clue as to what it was "FINO".

Just wondering who is the lucky owner. Travel safe and enjoy the Canadian lakes.

I'll be at the show this weekend so, if I see it there I'll do some digging around!
    Sean Conroy,
    1964 Formula Jr. (hull #2) project

1972 Greavette Sunflash III
    1981 Kavalk Mistral project

"A man can accomplish anything... as long as he doesn't care who gets the credit."

Bet it was a Spitfire.

----That was just me with the old El Pescador. It wasn't a pickup though. It was my Suburban, and both truck and trailer had Michigan tags. Had a great time in Gravenhurst at the show and an even better time at a certain location north of there for an unbelievable dinner party! Thanks for the compliment. Made my rainy day!!!......Bill S

And they question witnesses at crime scenes as to what they saw. Michigan? Really? Not a pick up truck? But but but….that is not what I saw…...

Beautiful looking boat and I am really glad you had fun. Come on, you have to elaborate on the dinner party!!!

Thanks for letting me know. Did I at least get the boat colours right???

I have been to this show for over 20 years... and worked it the past few. This year I didn't even get to "A" dock... and only to B1 on "B" dock as that's where my boat was moored. I was working the ACBS T shirt tent for most of the day... but, I took a break in the early afternoon to go to "C" dock to see the Donzi's I knew were there.

To my disappointment, the El Pescador was already gone as was the Donzi 14 baby.

To make up for it, the YNOT boys were there with their Express Cruiser and "BB", the big bad benchseat Hornet. What a lovely boat, beautifully redone. She's way better in person than the pictures (and it's awesome in the pics). Unfortunately, I had to get back to work and had to decline a ride in BB. I'm sure I'll regret that for a long, long time. Thanks guys for coming to the show hanging around so everyone had a chance to see & hear your beautiful boats. These guys "get it".
    Sean Conroy,

"A man can accomplish anything... as long as he doesn't care who gets the credit."

Here are a few pic's Of Bill's El Pescador @ another boat show in Canada a few years ago..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by smidgen too View Post
    Here are a few pic's Of Bill's El Pescador @ another boat show in Canada a few years ago..
    Thanks for supplying what I was about to ask for

Not many C/Cs can pull it off like that one does . It's the whole package !
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Bb

Incredible looking Hornet. The Chris Craft Express was equally cool. Nice job Aaron and Ben! Bill's 24 looked awesome too - no pics unfortunately.
    • File Type: jpg BB.jpg (706.7 KB, 131 views)

Baby

Sean - sorry we missed you. Happy to show you the boat anytime. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    Sean - sorry we missed you. Happy to show you the boat anytime. Rob
    No worries Rob... you're local and I'll see your boat soon I imagine.
    I actually saw it under a tarp at the Boatworks a couple years back.... It'd just be nice to see it in the water.
    Sean Conroy,

----I also have to apologize for not tracking you down, Sean! Saw what I thought was your boat but it was lonely at the time. Hopefully next year.......Bill S

No worries Bill, just really wanted to see that El Pescador up close... Would have liked to meet you also
    Yes, my boat was lonely all day as I worked the T-shirt concession for the ACBS.

Hey, did any of you guys buy a shirt?
    Sean Conroy,

Quote Originally Posted by woobs View Post

Hey, did any of you guys buy a shirt?
    I didn't get a shirt (wasn't there) but if they're still available I'd like to get one. You could send it to my office in Mississauga. Let me know. Thx. Chip

'07 22 Classic Shelby GT
    '96 18 Classic - sold
    '69 16 Ski & Sport - sold

Quote Originally Posted by chip w View Post
    I didn't get a shirt (wasn't there) but if they're still available I'd like to get one. You could send it to my office in Mississauga. Let me know. Thx. Chip
    Sure, what size at you?
    PM me with your address and I'll figure out shipping costs.

Cheers,
    S.
    Sean Conroy,

Thread Information