Thread: SOLD - 1969 16' Hull #562

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SOLD - 1969 16' Hull #562

1969 16'
    I bought this boat from my brother (Howard O. here on the registry) in the early 90's. For several years, I was obsessed with its restoration, including a complete hull/deck separation, and finished with it in 1996. In car talk, it’d be a complete frame-off, nut & bolt restoration. After 23 years, it still looks and runs great. Never fail to get compliments everywhere it’s seen. Prior to living with my family, the boat spent its life at Lake Arrowhead in the mountains above Los Angeles. The boat has never once seen salt water. The 302 is original, including all of the Holman & Moody components, as is the 250 Volvo outdrive. The LP paint is Oyster White with Jade Mist green striping. The boat has always been very tight and very reliable.
    I believe the "Target" trailer to be original to the boat. The steel wheels have some surface rust and could be upgraded.I did replace the axle with one a little heavier than original. I also had it built with electric brakes since we never use it in salt water.The brakes have served me very well and work great.
    Why am I selling it? That's something I keep asking myself! Fact is, I'm now in my sixties and it's time for someone else to use and enjoy it.
    The boat is one of the original posted to the Donzi Registry, it is hull number 562. There are some old film photos to see here: http://www.donzi.net/registry/hull.php?id=117
    I posted a rather amateur video on YouTube showing the boat, and a recent ride on our local lake (just to prove it actually does run!). https://youtu.be/7l05U-ubm1w
    Thanks for looking, and I welcome any questions and realistic reasonable offers. $15,000 will take it home today.
    Dave (near San Diego)
    760-533-0960 Text is okay
    Name:  Donzi16.JPG
Views: 882
Size:  2.74 MB
    DaveO.

Beautiful boat Dave. Was my screen saver back in the days of the original registry. Good luck with the sale, I am sure it will go quickly.

Looks like a nice, honest, well loved boat.

GLWS.
    1967 Ski Sporter (sold)
    2004 40th Anniversary Edition 18

Beautiful 16!

Somebody on the Registry should grab this! That's a beautiful boat!!!

'07 22 Classic Shelby GT
    '96 18 Classic - sold
    '69 16 Ski & Sport - sold

Just thought I'd bring this ad to the top for my big brother. Dave bought this boat from me way back when and took years to restore it to it's current beauty, while keeping things original. When I bought the boat, there were very few people in California that knew what a Donzi was, including the guy I had bought it from. It was his deceased uncle's boat and I bought it for a song. It was in good condition then and we used it quite a bit before my brother took it off my hands and restored it. I hate to see it leave our family and I couldn't be any further away from my brother now (Maine), otherwise it'd be in my garage.

So all of you west coast guys looking for a top shelf, classic Donzi, give this one a look. You won't be sorry and I'm sure he's pretty negotiable on the price. It keeps me up nights thinking this boat could end up in the wrong hands.

The old gal has found a new home. I'm confident that Jon will be a loving parent!

Dave
    DaveO.

Thread Information