Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: VesselView Mobile Installation Prep

Very interested to see how it works out. We all love pictures too. Hopefully with the sun in the background! Ive seen enough rain as of late. Good Luck!

A quick update - I took one picture with my phone and then quite a few more on my proper camera. I'll pull those pictures off the camera tonight but in the meantime, here's the phone picture. The VesselView mobile setup worked perfectly! I'm not 100% sold that the interface is as intuitive as it can be, but I imagine that it will get better as the product ages. VesselView mobile was only released recently and I'm sure there will be improvements to come, especially since I imagine it will become more popular.

Here is the fuel economy screen (also has error screens and temp screens etc). With a full - 3/4 full tank I was able to cruise between 3.7-3.9mpg between 30 and 36mph. It was quite a rough day so on a calmer day there may be a slight improvement, but I actually find the boat rides nicer in a little chop so maybe not.

IMG_20170624_111817.jpg

I'll add more pictures tonight.

I'll have to photograph all the available information screens while docked. In the meantime, here's the only pic that captured the installation in passing.

P1020469.JPG

Nothing capturing both the installation and scenery at the same time so here you go.

P1020453.JPGP1020489.JPGP1020491.JPG

Just as a data point I installed one of these on my 2005 18 with 350 Mag Mpi. The resistor was not on the stock boat and it doesn't communicate without it. I ordered one, installed it and it connected right up. The fuel calculator is one of the best parts of the app. I have not used it enough yet to know how accurate it is but it has to be better than the Livorsi fuel guage which is useless until you are down to 5 gallons. The engine hour meter is nice and more accurate than the analog unit in the boat. Not a bad deal for the cost.

Chad

Thread Information