Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ISO GT windshield

OUTSTANDING!

Thanks.

Paul/71 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan's Cloud View Post
    Interesting Bill .
    Are you saying that there is better plastics today than the stuff that was originally used and that is what you would go for or you would take the option of tinted tempered and curved safety glass over just 'glass' ?

I know someone who's just got his hands on a Magnum 27 sedan and the windscreen and porthole glass needs to be totally redone so he'll be asking me about this at some point .
    ----I may be wrong but I believe that Lexan is a better choice than plain plexi. I guess the question of curved and tempered glass is more one of cost. As well, upon shattering I wouldn't want all that shattered glass all over the place, but that's me.
    ---- Mark will want to know more about the sedan as he is working on his sedan now.......Bill S

Quote Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
    ----I may be wrong but I believe that Lexan is a better choice than plain plexi. I guess the question of curved and tempered glass is more one of cost. As well, upon shattering I wouldn't want all that shattered glass all over the place, but that's me.
    ---- Mark will want to know more about the sedan as he is working on his sedan now.......Bill S
    I kind of had a feeling that it might have been a case of advances in plastics since the GT21 was first made . Lexan , even though it might be considered 'plexiglass' by some is a much more advanced material , inna ?

The Mag 27 , which is only a mile up the road from me , is a '73 like our 25 , I think . I must stop by and see if the HIN is still readable as it was painted many years ago .
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Thread Information