Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ISO GT windshield

I also have designs on changing out the Throttle & Gearshift control unit as it appears not to be original & very sloppy. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    I could look at my notes over the next couple of days. There is a very accomplished shop that specializes in glass and lexan in your general area. Can't remember, but might even be in GA if you are interested.
    Would be interested. Been outta town so was away (fishing) and din't have puter.

Paul

Desman Glass was mentioned a while back

It was in a discussion several years ago. They are in South Carolina. Website looks impressive.
    I have thought about putting a windshield on my 22, but I don't like the newer style without the bezel and don't have the fortitude to start from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 GT View Post
    I also have designs on changing out the Throttle & Gearshift control unit as it appears not to be original & very sloppy. Any suggestions?
    Depending on whether you want a Single-Lever Dual Action or a Double Lever Single Action, I'd grab a Morse MT-3 or look for a MerControl.

I have this one boxed up in my basement if you want the Double-lever type.

IMG_0745.JPG
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by donzidon View Post
    It was in a discussion several years ago. They are in South Carolina. Website looks impressive.
    I have thought about putting a windshield on my 22, but I don't like the newer style without the bezel and don't have the fortitude to start from scratch.
    Desman is one of the best and can build anything. They always have a backlog, they are that good.
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

That Desman Glass appears to be a VERY good contact to have . Thanks for putting it up .
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Depending on whether you want a Single-Lever Dual Action or a Double Lever Single Action, I'd grab a Morse MT-3 or look for a MerControl.

I have this one boxed up in my basement if you want the Double-lever type.

IMG_0745.JPG
    PM'd - very interested.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Fishermanjm View Post
    U will definitely want to check out Carl's ride...
    Thanks, Fisherman. Mine was ordered from the factory with a Shelby/GT windscreen. It feels so good on a hot day! (22C, not a 21 GT)
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Ghost - I'll take that throttle/shifter if you intend to part with it ...

Paul

----Clear stuff on GT21s was definetly just plexi. It used to bend with the windshield deflection until really distorted and then crack. There are way better choices today that would actually help with the overall strength. Its just me, but I wouldn't want any form of real glass......Bill S

Quote Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
    ----Clear stuff on GT21s was definetly just plexi. It used to bend with the windshield deflection until really distorted and then crack. There are way better choices today that would actually help with the overall strength. Its just me, but I wouldn't want any form of real glass......Bill S
    Interesting Bill .
    Are you saying that there is better plastics today than the stuff that was originally used and that is what you would go for or you would take the option of tinted tempered and curved safety glass over just 'glass' ?

I know someone who's just got his hands on a Magnum 27 sedan and the windscreen and porthole glass needs to be totally redone so he'll be asking me about this at some point .
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Just got the shifter unpacked - NICE ... really appreciate the hook up.

It'll be installed this week & hopefully we'll get more rain to fill the lake so I can try it out.

THANK YOU.

Only a few more items on the check list to complete.

Paul

Most welcome, very happy to see it go to a good home, what a cool ride! 
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Here's a pretty good pic of my frame, no plexi installed.

Nice!
    Sean Conroy,
    1964 Formula Jr. (hull #2) project

1972 Greavette Sunflash III
    1981 Kavalk Mistral project

"A man can accomplish anything... as long as he doesn't care who gets the credit."

Thread Information