Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1994 22' donzi Blackhawk ebay

1994 22' donzi Blackhawk ebay

Interesting . Side shot is a B/H boat . Transom shot is a standard B1 C22 .
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

I messaged the seller ,he states that the owner before him switched to a bravo 1 setup due to lack of Blackhawk parts availability .from what I understand from reading here on the forum ,a Blackhawk setup is a lot higher on the transom and exhaust tips are high right under the rubrail ..
    H

I wonder how this will work since Blackhawk hulls have rocker built in.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

The engine looks like it is sitting a little low for a Blackhawk. It needs the right drive to perform well.
    better to die on your feet, than live on your knees

While lots of things are hotly debated, seems like it has largely been consensus that a BH hull is not usually desirable without a BH drive, whereas a BH drive can be great with a standard hull. That said, I'm curious but I wouldn't buy it myself and would recommend a very thorough sea trial if any is contemplating it.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

AS many may remember, it took me years to find my 22c. I have looked at tons of boats even BH's. I only saw one BH hull rigged like a 22c from the factory. I'm sure there are more, I just didn't run across them.

This hull may be a 22c. The only thing screaming BH is the graphics. Factory BH's have gold fittings and the engine is higher.

Ghost is right, get it checked out if considering this boat. It's got good stuff.

Taz
    Da Taz
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary will get you every time."
    Wes

Why do they always put the spring shocks for the hood on backwards? Installers act like they have never seen and used a hatch back or a car hood (hinges) before.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

Quote Originally Posted by f_inscreenname View Post
    Why do they always put the spring shocks for the hood on backwards? Installers act like they have never seen and used a hatch back or a car hood (hinges) before.
    I actually prefer this way. I installed mine the other way, which pushed the hatch ever so slightly forward. That was enough for it to bind against the deck opening. Ed then turned them around so the gas springs puched back against the hinges, and the hatch now opens easily.
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

Quote Originally Posted by Just Say N20 View Post
    I actually prefer this way. I installed mine the other way, which pushed the hatch ever so slightly forward. That was enough for it to bind against the deck opening. Ed then turned them around so the gas springs puched back against the hinges, and the hatch now opens easily.
    Mine have always been this way too.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    Mine have always been this way too.
    Yep on both of mine. I never questioned it.

Taz
    Da Taz
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary will get you every time."
    Wes

This isn't a Blackhawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Say N20 View Post

Not being rude but it sounds like you had loose hinges and/or to heavy shocks. If installed right the last little bit of stroke on the shocks has very little pressure. That's why when you release the catch latch on a hatch back the door don't spring open like a pulled back and released sapling. You have to give the door a pull before the shocks take over. You can do it anyway you want but car makers have been doing it the way I did for decades and made it work and it looks better. jmho and the way I will be doing the 16 I'm restoring now (the pic is from my last 18).

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  80.0 KB
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

I bought my struts and hardware from the Donzi restoration guy that used to advertise on the site. The hinges were the original 1967 pair, so they could have had some play/slop.

All I know is I did it kike a car hood, and it bound at the front. The springs were rated to be used on a 16 hatch. And car hoods have totally different hinges and geometry than Donzi hatches.

Do yours whatever way you want. It didn't work for me.
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

Not being rude but it sounds like you had loose hinges and/or to heavy shocks. If installed right the last little bit of stroke on the shocks has very little pressure. That's why when you release the catch latch on a hatch back the door don't spring open like a pulled back and released sapling. You have to give the door a pull before the shocks take over. You can do it anyway you want but car makers have been doing it the way I did for decades and made it work and it looks better. jmho and the way I will be doing the 16 I'm restoring now (the pic is from my last 18).

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  80.0 KB
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    If I was to install shocks, this is the way I prefer. Performing any kind of maintenance, plugs, oil, etc. would be much easier without the struts being a barrier. Its tough enough looking in the engine bay with your ass in the air without fighting struts the opposite way. If you look hard enough, you will tend to agree.

Thread Information