Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Decisions 330hp 454/ 350 260hp

Quote Originally Posted by Just Say N20 View Post
    You are going to put a cow on top of your engine?!? LOL!
    Huffer*** lol or a big heavy piece of billet aluminum that scares little kids. lol

IF you're still talking a low-tuned 454 you don't need any special exhaust and it won't do any good anyway. You can get Stainless Marine for probably $2800 I think, and enjoy the peace of mind.

I may may have missed a fork in the plans.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

OSO frequently has Stainless Marine, and Gil setups in their classified section
    at very reasonable prices.
    I've been a happy customer there a number of times.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

I've spent more than enough time in a 22 with dry exhaust. It's fun if you don't like people at all. Plan on having zero conversations while in or around the running boat. There is no platform to knock the sound down and the passengers are too close to the exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    IF you're still talking a low-tuned 454 you don't need any special exhaust and it won't do any good anyway. You can get Stainless Marine for probably $2800 I think, and enjoy the peace of mind.

I may may have missed a fork in the plans.
    I'm on there as well. Good amount of good people on there also. I have the Joppatowne Marina just down the street with Tony From CMS racing engines who is head of the performance division whom I know very well. He is part of the Crazy Chicken crew (Throttles) if you've ever heard of them? He knows what I have been putting together and has a plethora of exhaust combinations available that he has offered for me to try out and see what works best both with power/reversion and fitment. At this current moment i'm working on cleaning and painting the bilge and getting the Bravo serviced and painted. I'll make a actual build thread once I get closer to completion so the first page is mostly pics and a run Video. My hopeful date is July 25th which would be my birthday weekend.

2 options

I run a Stainless Marine dry exhaust with GGB inserts and Shotgun tips on my 22 with a 464. The GGB inserts went in last year, and the boat is pretty quiet at low to mid RPMs. May be loud at WOT, but I can't hear it over the wind in my ears.

I bought a set of Hi-Tek integrated header/riser units over the winter for my 18 with a Ford 350. They are the only stainless option for a Ford. Cost was under $2000 direct from Australia. I emailed Hi-Tek Marine, and Allan called me right away. I gave him my credit card, and the order was filled promptly. Planning to put them on the boat the week after next.

Good luck with the project.

Thread Information