Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2017 AOTH ... New Location

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I booked a slip with my room.

My thought was if the Hickory Hotel is already booked and another one is being worked on for rooms, was not sure if the second hotel would be on the water with slips or not...and if not if slips would be available somewhere.

Will wait for more info....and go from there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by undertaker View Post
    My thought was if the Hickory Hotel is already booked and another one is being worked on for rooms, was not sure if the second hotel would be on the water with slips or not...and if not if slips would be available somewhere.

Will wait for more info....and go from there.

Thanks
    Ahh, gotcha. Good luck--hope you can make it. I suppose another possibility would be just getting a slip at the Hickory Hotel. They're a marina as well, so they might have slips even if they don't have rooms.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by tmdog View Post
    Wish it would be organized. Do I need a fast boat to join in?
    Because it is not organized, I can go and take my uninsured boat with me this time.

This is NOT an organized run as they wanted over $1000.00 for insurance so there would have been a fee !!!! ..Now No fees ,No checks on insurance (however if you don't have it please don't get close to me ) . This again is a fun run where we can all get together . Some complained that Insurance was a problem .. Some complained the hotel was too expensive .. some complained that the fees were too high .. some complained just to complain . So this is a no complain run where your in charge of everything . Just be courteous of other boats is all we ask. If you want to sleep in a tent thats fine or if you want a $500 a night hotel in Knoxville is fine also . Just bring your boat and come run the lake with us, as you won't be disappointed. There going to be a lot of boats as Phil is bringing his Lip-ship Cigarettes

Insurance...

I'll never forget seeing a boat lose their throttle control and end up almost taking out five other boats at one of the AOTH "organized" runs. That is when the MWDC started taking out an umbrella policy. And a requirement of the umbrella was verification of insurance at an individual level. It was no big deal for most. Too cheap to buy insurance for your performance boat? What else did you skimp on this year? Maintenance on your gimbal or drive system? Let me run right next to you, next time.

I'll be there. Booked a cabin but slips were all booked up. I'll put it out each night.
    RedDog

President - West Vestal Donzi Owner's Group
    Knoxville, TN

I booked a cabin as well .
    better to die on your feet, than live on your knees

Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip se View Post
    I'll never forget seeing a boat lose their throttle control and end up almost taking out five other boats at one of the AOTH "organized" runs. That is when the MWDC started taking out an umbrella policy. And a requirement of the umbrella was verification of insurance at an individual level. It was no big deal for most. Too cheap to buy insurance for your performance boat? What else did you skimp on this year? Maintenance on your gimbal or drive system? Let me run right next to you, next time.
    Sometimes it's not about being cheap. It's a long trip for me, but the AOTH is on my bucket list. I can not get insurance once I venture outside WA and OR. I have not been able to find an American or Canadian company that will insure me once I leave a predetermined area from my home and head to the US.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Do I ask every boat that comes on my lake if they have insurance ..NO !! But I do understand if your putting on a "Organized Run" the organizers are somewhat liable and it's just a way to protect them . It is getting so hard to get insurance for runs, partly because of the poker runs where ever year there are deaths . So this way AOTH is a fun run with no liability on the organizers, as there no one running it . Come enjoy friends, run your boat with respect for others and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by yeller View Post
    Sometimes it's not about being cheap. It's a long trip for me, but the AOTH is on my bucket list. I can not get insurance once I venture outside WA and OR. I have not been able to find an American or Canadian company that will insure me once I leave a predetermined area from my home and head to the US.
    Surely Progressive can do it
    RedDog

President - West Vestal Donzi Owner's Group
    Knoxville, TN

Quote Originally Posted by RedDog View Post
    Surely Progressive can do it
    Nope. I've tried them.

Inferno, I agree. Insurance/Liability can be expensive. I always admired the guys that are willing to put on an organized event. Even with insurance, it can easily become a nightmare for the organizers if one little "i" wasn't dotted or "t" crossed. Not something I would have the balls to put my name on.

boat insurance

I use Hagerty/ Elite Insurance in Canada and their policies cover all inland areas, Canada and US. The only exceptions are some distances out in the Oceans of both coasts.
    Regards
    Trevor

To the OP (and others), I apologize for turning this into an insurance thread....but it may be of some use to others. No offence taken if you wish to have the moderators delete or move my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by tiupc View Post
    I use Hagerty/ Elite Insurance in Canada and their policies cover all inland areas, Canada and US. The only exceptions are some distances out in the Oceans of both coasts.
    Regards
    Trevor
    Unless they have changed their policy in the last couple years, they will not insure my boat, even as a stock HP rated 22C

Quote Originally Posted by yeller View Post
    To the OP (and others), I apologize for turning this into an insurance thread....but it may be of some use to others. No offence taken if you wish to have the moderators delete or move my posts.

Unless they have changed their policy in the last couple years, they will not insure my boat, even as a stock HP rated 22C
    Got a quote from Hagerty a year or two back--they actually were using Markel, not doing it themselves. Might be worth calling Markel directly. They were GREAT when I worked with them.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

My 18 is insured via Hagerty/Markel.

I may actually travel a little with the boat this year and I am covered on any inland US waterway and up to 25 miles offshore.

And my 2017 premium is $20 less than in 2016.

Thanks, Markel!
    1967 Ski Sporter (sold)
    2004 40th Anniversary Edition 18

Thread Information