Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BBlades releasing new prop - Good fit for 22?

BBlades releasing new prop - Good fit for 22?

https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...props-in-miami

Unsubstantiated test reports from a (third party?) user on offshoreonly indicate that it did well on a Classic 22.

"We tried them on 28 Pantera, 27 Avanti, 27 Kryptonite, 22 Donzi(totally eliminated the porpoise), 30 Superboat, 27 Progression, 28 Velocity and some others im forgetting."

I'd love to find something that let me focus less on trim/tabs and more on enjoying the ride.

Will be looking for more info following the Miami show.

$$ ??

Any idea on the cost?
    Thank you, Patrick
    1994 18' Classic 350Mag Alpha

Previously owned Donzis -
    1996 22' Classic, 502Mag Bravo
    1987 20' Minx, 350Mag Alpha
    1975 18' Classic, 350Chevy Volvo 280

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McPherson View Post
    Any idea on the cost?
    I've got an email into Brett asking just that. He's at the Miami boat show now through Feb 22 - so I don't expect a response until after that unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianEhTeam View Post
    I've got an email into Brett asking just that. He's at the Miami boat show now through Feb 22 - so I don't expect a response until after that unfortunately.
    Brett is very good about responding so don't be surprised if he gets right back to you.

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Hmmm...

I was planning to have Brett lab my Mirage to see if I can hit 75mph.
    Currently my boat tops out at 72ish with Rev 4 and 73ish with Mirage.
    Maybe $$ better spend on a different prop; not going to buy if big bucks like his other custom props are though...
    Thank you, Patrick

Thanks for posting that. Here is the discussion on OSO with more info: http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ops-miami.html
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

good to know. I'll be testing props hopefully towards end of summer

Price is $699

$100-$150 more than a Merc Rev 4 or Bravo 1.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...ers-marke.html

Adding a couple thoughts to my last post:

I love the Rev 4 on my boat right out of the box and others have also had success. Problem is they only come in a max of 25p so guys with more than about 400HP cant really run them.

The Bravo 1 in it stock form is not a great choice for old school V bottoms but can be modified to work vary well. Problem I see with that is your cost goes way up. I had over $800 into a labbed 28p B1 I ran on my old Superboat.

This new choice may just be the ticket right our of the box for guys running 22s with 450+HP...
    Thank you, Patrick

I ran it on my 22 (friends with the guy who made the OSO post) and it seriously cut down on the porpoising that is standard on our boats. I do have a 2" higher X-dimension for what its worth also. Ran great on the raceboat too (30 Superboat).
    Donzi 22' Classic

Quote Originally Posted by RockyS18 View Post
    I ran it on my 22 (friends with the guy who made the OSO post) and it seriously cut down on the porpoising that is standard on our boats. I do have a 2" higher X-dimension for what its worth also. Ran great on the raceboat too (30 Superboat).
    I don't have a problem controlling porpoise with a Bravo 1 prop. Were there any other benefits?

Bravo 1 is what I normally use also, but the BBlades was even better on porpoising directly compared. Off the shelf it had very little slip. The Bravo 1 I use is 28p and the BBlades was a 26p so I can't compare top end to those, but compared to a 26p labbed Bravo 1 which I've used in the past I got 1 more mph out of the BBlades.
    Donzi 22' Classic

Bravo 1 is what I normally use also, but the BBlades was even better on porpoising directly compared. Off the shelf it had very little slip. The Bravo 1 I use is 28p and the BBlades was a 26p so I can't compare top end to those, but compared to a 26p labbed Bravo 1 which I've used in the past I got 1 more mph out of the BBlades.
    I run a 30p Bravo 1 labbed by Brett at BBlades.

Very interested in this prop. I ran 4 different props on my boat and never noticed any difference in porpoising between them. They all sucked.
    If I could find a prop that would settle my boat down, I'd have no problem forking over $700 for it. I'd like to get rid of the BlackHawk, but so far it's the best setup I've found for my boat.

Rocky, are you running a standard Bravo, or are you 2" higher because of a shorty?
    Besides controlling porpoising, how was the high speed handling compared to your other prop(s).
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    I run a 30p Bravo 1 labbed by Brett at BBlades.
    Yeah both the 28p and 26p I referenced are BBlades labbed too

Quote Originally Posted by yeller View Post
    Very interested in this prop. I ran 4 different props on my boat and never noticed any difference in porpoising between them. They all sucked.
    If I could find a prop that would settle my boat down, I'd have no problem forking over $700 for it. I'd like to get rid of the BlackHawk, but so far it's the best setup I've found for my boat.

Rocky, are you running a standard Bravo, or are you 2" higher because of a shorty?
    Besides controlling porpoising, how was the high speed handling compared to your other prop(s).
    I'm running a standard XR drive, however my X-dimension is 2" higher because I have the 009. High speed handling was great, boat was very secure and aired out nicely at WOT. I am 100% going to purchase one for my boat, I'm pissed I had to give it back!
    Donzi 22' Classic

High speed handling was great, boat was very secure and aired out nicely at WOT.
    Thanks Rocky.
    How did it compare to your other props at wot?

I forgot you purchased an 009 boat. Very cool boat.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Thread Information