Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New ink

Quote Originally Posted by bertsboat View Post
    Gone, your wallet I mean. It's white now. Why would you get one taken off? They are permanent and much thought should be invested before you get one that will be there till your dead. And it was not meant to be a negative comment. It's an observation. My Grandfather had tattoos. He told me it was his biggest regret.

https://www.realself.com/Tattoo-removal/reviews
    Mine took 3 laser treatments and there is absolutely no sign of the tat left. Cost was not cheap. $900 total. Tats are no longer "forever".
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Ok, listen guyz. I didn't want this to go like it did.
    My ink is mine, tons of thought went into it. I changed
    my mind many many times. I put it on my foot cuz
    i knew it was gonna kill. I got it an I am DONZI FOR LIFE!!!
    besides my casholas are all goin into my classic. No other
    boat for me. My 01 is it for me. I do have the old school Donzi
    prop tat with some stuff I drew up with it on my shoulder. K Anywayz,,, I still can't lace
    up my shoe on that foot... Donzi on!!!
    FISH HARD

Art is in the eye of the beholder

Art is about self expression. If it makes you happy good for you and well done. The same can be said about the boats that we love. There are a lot of people out there who don't understand our passion and what it does for us emotionally. So, if by extension, you put a Donzi tattoo on your foot or anywhere else I say good for you. you're proud of your passion and chances are it will mostly be other boaters that see it. I'm pretty sure that nobody in a board room or corporate office will ever know it's there.

'07 22 Classic Shelby GT
    '96 18 Classic - sold
    '69 16 Ski & Sport - sold

Jim, I remained silent on your post. I haven't always, and I know my opinions in the past
    could have made people defensive.
    I come from a different generation and a different region of the country. When I was young,
    tattoos were frowned on and the only folks that had them were drug dealers, thugs,
    ex-cons, and a few WW-II veterans, but theirs were always discreet, and probably their
    girl friends name.
    IOW, they were to be avoided at all costs. No one wanted to present a connection to folks
    that had them.
    Today, I don't understand the allure of artwork you wear the rest of your life. When I see
    a pretty girl w/ink all over her arms, the first thing that comes to mind is a beautiful
    mansion that has been defaced w/graffiti.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Tattoos aren't a big deal, anyone can get one. You don't have to be some sort of maniac that enjoys pain or being a non conformist to do it. I assume that everyone gets them for different reasons, kind of like that lion and dolphin sticker on the side of my boat.

Does anyone reading happen to know what that lion and dolphin are all about anyway?

Never thought of it until you mentioned. I'll take a stab at it. Lion, king of beast, large and powerful. Dolphin, sleek shape and fast. Probably one of the fastest in the water. In today's age of boats I suspect the Skater would have a emblem with a SR-71 on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 45171 View Post
    Tattoos aren't a big deal, anyone can get one. You don't have to be some sort of maniac that enjoys pain or being a non conformist to do it. I assume that everyone gets them for different reasons, kind of like that lion and dolphin sticker on the side of my boat.

Does anyone reading happen to know what that lion and dolphin are all about anyway?
    I believe the Chisholms came up with it after some dispute over the prop logo. Some threads around here on it. Rumor is it was inspired by the coat of arms of Dunkirk, France. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunkirk

There have been speculative discussions about the MEANING, but to me the symbolism is obvious. The two key components to offshore are the the boat (dolphin) and the driver (lion). If it wasn't intended to represent that, it should have.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

That's really cool, I'm glad that I asked. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information