It only took 4 years to swap out my 496 to the 502, so it only makes sense to swap out the 502 after 4 runs..................doesn't it.

I just got news that I'm losing my storage for the boat at the end of December so that's pushing up the schedule for the LS3 swap. I planned to sell some stuff to fund this project, but now I'll just have to order the parts to get it done asap and hope my wife doesn't check the visa card.

So the plan is to boost the LS3 with about 10lbs, which should put it well over 600hp.
I'm strongly considering installing a wastegate and setting up the SC to about 15lbs and wasting the excess 5lbs of boost. That will allow the SC to produce boost earlier and build power sooner, but still not grenade the engine at the top end. I still need to do a bit more research on that

I want to increase the ring gap to help avoid having the ring ends butting and snapping the top ring land off the piston. Of course that requires a total engine disassembly, which I did today.

Disassembled.jpg

...............And now I have a bunch of left over parts. Make me an offer.

Spare Parts.jpg

I'll need to get a new harmonic balancer because the stock one doesn't have any bolt holes to accept the SC pulley. I also have to get a flywheel to bolt the coupler to, and Comp Cams make a rocker arm trunnion upgrade kit for the rocker arms. From what I have found out, the stock rockers are decent, but trunnions are the weak link. Also need a new cam, exhaust manifolds and bigger injectors. Will probably call Bob Madera?? for the cam and Marine Power makes an aluminum exhaust manifold for only $225 a side. I'm pretty sure I can make the risers off my 496HO fit the manifolds.
The expensive purchase will be the computer to run this thing. Not sure yet what brand I'll get.