Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1996 Sweet 16

1996 Sweet 16

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/5765931995.html
    Not mine, but looks interesting. I am in the Seattle area and can look at it if someone has interest.

nice boat

I want a steering wheel like that but can't find one...
    Thank you, Patrick
    1994 18' Classic 350Mag Alpha

Previously owned Donzis -
    1996 22' Classic, 502Mag Bravo
    1987 20' Minx, 350Mag Alpha
    1975 18' Classic, 350Chevy Volvo 280

Ask Bill he had one on his 16

I bought this boat.

I had to persue this boat as soon as I saw it. Now it's tucked away in my garage and I'm a new member to this forum as well as all in on Donzi boats.
    However they are new to me so I have a lot to learn.

Welcome to the Board, to Donzi's, and to another Sweet 16 owner. I have to tell you your welcome isn't complete until you post pictures and details .

The best advice I can give you about a Donzi 16 is SEAT TIME, SEAT TIME, SEAT TIME. Enjoy your boat.

John C
    '
    92 Sweet 16 302 Ford
    Windshields are for Sissies!!!

Thank you. And I'm sure I know why you suggest seat time. The boat is very responsive to everything, people moving on board especially.
    I don't have much experience in forums but should I post pictures on a new post or keep going on this one? I'm having trouble posting a picture from my cell so I'm gonna need to figure that out also.

Congrats on the purchase.
    Did the boat stay in Seattle?
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Thank you.

Nope. We're about an hour east of Cincinnati on Lake Waynoka. Zip code 45171.

Well that's certainly not the norm..........that someone from eastern US needs to go to the west coast to get a Donzi.

BTW: We took a vote and you are now banned from the west coast. Donzi's are in limited supply on this side, and we don't tolerate people removing them.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by yeller View Post

BTW: We took a vote and you are now banned from the west coast. Donzi's are in limited supply on this side, and we don't tolerate people removing them.
    I feel that way about removing them from Florida. I'd like to see the Home Twon Rally back in Sarasota, even though it's not the "home town" anymore.

'07 22 Classic Shelby GT
    '96 18 Classic - sold
    '69 16 Ski & Sport - sold

LOL well I did not even consider that when pursuing this boat. That explains why someone came from Seattle to buy it from the original owner in Michigan, and probably why it's has had so much work put into it.

I've seen some of the ones for sale east of the Mississippi and they did not impress me enough to motivate me to buy. But to be honest I haven't looked at these boats for long.

I've been watching correct crafts for 2 years and never really found "the one" that I immediately knew I had to have. And I recently starting toying with the idea of getting a Checkmate Exciter, or something similar, maybe even an OB powered unit. Then one of my classic ski boat purist buddies mentioned that Donzi made a few direct drives that were really cool and hard to find, so I started looking.

It didn't take long to start finding these 16's which fit my needs perfectly. I wanted something under 2,300 lbs that would fit on a boat lift I already have, and under 22 feet including trailer so it would fit in my garage. Donzi Sweet 16 was the perfect match.

Found this site trying to learn about the boat.
    Stumbled across the original post on this thread.
    The boat was still available, timing was right for me and the fiancee really went for it as much as I did after first sight.

BOOM, here I am. Right or wrong I have a Donzi Sweet 16 tucked away in my garage and opening the door to look at it just one more time feels like it will never get old!

Without trying, I'm covering most of America.

I bought my 1982 Donzi C18 2+3 in Seattle, WA. I bought my 1965 Donzi Ski Sporter on Long Island, NY and I bought my 1965 Formula Jr. in Key Largo FL!
    All boats came back to Ontario, Canada

Hopefully I have the right boat for a while.... (My next boat needs to come from San Diego, CA.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat MAP USA CAN.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	290.8 KB 
ID:	85337   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boats 013.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	4.51 MB 
ID:	85334   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	5.06 MB 
ID:	85338   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9324.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	5.36 MB 
ID:	85339  
    Sean Conroy,
    1964 Formula Jr. (hull #2) project

1972 Greavette Sunflash III
    1981 Kavalk Mistral project

"A man can accomplish anything... as long as he doesn't care who gets the credit."

Quote Originally Posted by 45171 View Post
    The boat was still available, timing was right for me and the fiancee really went for it as much as I did after first sight.
    You ought to prepare your finance for the first time you dip the gun'l in the drink. I didn't and my wife has refused to get in my 16 since I bought it in 2010 .

John C
    '
    92 Sweet 16 302 Ford
    Windshields are for Sissies!!!

I came close to that with a friend aboard. It turned up very fast and I thought maybe the trim tab came out of the water and caused that to happen.
    As far as my fiancé, she is already skeptical about being safe on this boat. Now she jumped out of an airplane 18,000 feet above Monterey Bay last Monday and absolutely loved that. But there's something about this Donzi that spooks her and she doesn't really even know what it is

Thread Information