Thread: Power steering reservoir

Power steering reservoir

My 28' Warlock kept overflowing power steering fluid after running hard so I finally broke down and installed this reservoir today. It is a 14 oz reservoir from CP Performance, but other suppliers offer the same one which was dropped shipped from this company - http://www.getrealperformance.com/pr...ervior-bottle/
    George Carter had sold me the black power steering pump adapter cap a few years ago which I finally used. It called for 1/4"NPT and the reservoir calls for 1/8"NPT which the suppliers don't mention in their ads. I made the #6 AN hose to go between the fittings and I think it all turned out well. I should mention that the angled aluminum mounting bracket is meant for transom mounting so I flipped it upside down to mount on the seat back (opposite angle) and drilled a hole for a SS cotter pin to make sure it does not slip down from the spring loaded ball holding mechanism in the mounting bracket. Just thought I would show the installation in case anyone else needs to do it. Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Yes!
    I like it!

Also, the Type II GM pumps are becoming more and more popular due to their smaller size,
    and innovative mounting possibilities. But they do require a reservoir.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Thread Information