Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 22 Classic Swim Step- anyone know who makes these?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McPherson View Post
    My old 24' Superboat in these pics.
    http://www.extrememarine.cc/swim_pla...ore_photos.htm
    I dont see any pictures that match your description Patrick but I do like how custom all of these look.

Quote Originally Posted by yeller View Post
    Nothing undesirable beyond what some would feel is it hurts the aesthetics...and as you say, it's just a matter of opinion. A lot of people are of the opinion these boats shouldn't be modified. I appreciate the purists and their desire to maintain originality, but I'm from the camp for doing whatever you want. It's your boat. If you like the looks of them, then go for it.
    I'm all for agreeing with the purists on an all original boat, but mine has been repainted and everything else so I wouldn't mind making the addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    I agree with customizing to make your boat they way you like it. I just really like the look of a transom that is all business. I guess we will continue to climb the drive.

if climbing the drive is good enough for you on a great looking boat like that then it's good enough for me on mine. How much climbing around on should one of those drives take before it may start causing problems??

if climbing the drive is good enough for you on a great looking boat like that then it's good enough for me on mine. How much climbing around on should one of those drives take before it may start causing problems??

Very cool Carl
    FISH HARD

Thanks. The only problem I see is if someone's foot slips into the prop and that could be very bad. I wish there was an easy solution. I've tried ladders with limited success. Always go back to climbing the drive.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

When I had my Minx, it came with two small teak swim platforms...one on either side of the drive and below the exhausts so they didn't "hide " that nice look !

I was told that they were installed at the factory at the original owner's request. I found them very handy to get in and out of the water and further added a foldable swim ladder ( not shown in this photo) under the right side platform to make it even easier !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not sure about teak

I think I'd go with the full aluminum tube platform, if any.
    I looked at the dive latters but not convinced...
    Thank you, Patrick
    1994 18' Classic 350Mag Alpha

Previously owned Donzis -
    1996 22' Classic, 502Mag Bravo
    1987 20' Minx, 350Mag Alpha
    1975 18' Classic, 350Chevy Volvo 280

Just checked cost from Extreme Marine

Cost for 2" dia aluminum tube platform from xmpinc starts at $1500...
    They have made them for 22ft classic but didn't have a picture...
    Not sure, but I will think about adding...
    Thank you, Patrick

Attached Images Attached Images
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

I've thought about a minimalist approach, putting one or maybe two of these below the waterline:

http://www.jmsonline.net/step-boardi...FchXDQodilIKFQ
    http://www.jmsonline.net/step-boarding-4-1-2-x-11.htm
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

The lower platform is nice

Greg, nice find. Any idea who makes that?
    Thank you, Patrick

I used to use a modified over-gunwale ladder that worked but not real well. I think something like that is a better solution. Several problems with the rear swim platform I have are: They don't look right, drilling lots of holes in transom, adding weight, still have to crawl over engine hatch, permanent installation and you still need some sort of ladder attached. We need a way to enter the boat from the side. JMO
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    I used to use a modified over-gunwale ladder that worked but not real well. I think something like that is a better solution. Several problems with the rear swim platform I have are: They don't look right, drilling lots of holes in transom, adding weight, still have to crawl over engine hatch, permanent installation and you still need some sort of ladder attached. We need a way to enter the boat from the side. JMO
    How about a rope tied to a rear seat grab rail with a few knots in it, tossed over the side? That might work for my 6 year old monkey.

'07 22 Classic Shelby GT
    '96 18 Classic - sold
    '69 16 Ski & Sport - sold

need something better than climbing the drive

I think I actually like the look of the platform mounted at the rub rail level like JParanee's a little better. I would want a telescoping ladder mounted to the bottom with one at that height.
    Not sure you need a ladder if mounted below the exhaust.
    I'm not in on climbing up a ladder on the side but I do hear you Carl about climbing over the engine hatch; I've got some buds that are on the bigger side.
    I showed my wife pictures of the platforms on 22 Donzis last night and she said, "we need one of those". I knew that would be the reaction; getting back in the boat has been an issue since we've owned it...
    Thank you, Patrick

I think that looks really good on that Texas Twister boat. I understand being concerned with putting holes in the transom and walking on the engine cover but I assume both of those areas on the boat can take being used in that manner.

Does anyone know if that is a drive shower of sorts on top of the out drive on that boat?

Thread Information