Looking for a little guidance. I have a 1970 donzi ski sporter 16 I just bought.

Here's how I bought it.

-starter out
- trim motor wires not hooked up(prev owner said switch up front was bad.)

I installed starter and took apart and cleaned starter solenoid connections and battery terminal connections and a few others.

It fired up and ran well the first day out. that day I used my power probe to activate the trim motor to raise and lower the outdrive.

Today I ran to local auto parts store and grabbed a three way switch. Hooked up the wires back at the trim motor which all had their connectors still on them. Installed the new three way switch and noticed the little red light on the trim switch panel lit up. I hit the down side and up side and hoorah I had a working trim motor that I tested ran the motor up and down.

Fast forward half an hour and I am just launching the boat with my wife and son and I hop in after pushing off and I go to start it and it just cranks and cranks and won't start. I notice the little red light is no longer lit up when the key is switched on.

I pull my power Probe out and verify at the starter solenoid I am no longer getting power at the coil post when cranking and/or in run position.

Could bad wires for the trim motor have fried the starter solenoid?

I can't find any fuses in the boat at all.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you.