Thread: 1966 sweet 16 302 ford engine mount

1966 sweet 16 302 ford engine mount

Does anyone have or know of a source for engine mounts for a 302 ford in a 1966 sweet 16.

My 66 had an Interceptor SBF it used a structural cast aluminum oil pan that had motor mounts built into the pan bolted through the stringers. It also bolted in the rear to the bell housing. Looked at one a few years newer and stringer was cut down to about 4" high were the motor mount was and just used lag bolts guessing it was a structural flaw. Used more like stock Mercruser mounts.

I have the marine oil pan set up from my 66 for sale also have some stock Mercruser mounts.
    Scars are tatoo's of the fearless

Quote Originally Posted by turbo2256 View Post
    My 66 had an Interceptor SBF it used a structural cast aluminum oil pan that had motor mounts built into the pan bolted through the stringers. It also bolted in the rear to the bell housing. Looked at one a few years newer and stringer was cut down to about 4" high were the motor mount was and just used lag bolts guessing it was a structural flaw. Used more like stock Mercruser mounts.

I have the marine oil pan set up from my 66 for sale also have some stock Mercruser mounts.
    My mounts are about half way back on the block. They are not original In had an engine put in. when I got the boat back I did not check anything until later. found out then that the person had switched mounts. and the ones he used were not right tried contacting him only to find out he had passed away. lost my good mounts do not know what they looked like.
    Thanks for the reply

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DONZI OIL PAN 016.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	84548 FRONT MOUNTS ON the oil pan also can see were it mounts to the bell hsg

Name:	DONZI OIL PAN 017.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	84549 these bolt to an angle iron that bolts on the stringer havent dug outthe rest of the mount

mounts

Quote Originally Posted by turbo2256 View Post

Name:	DONZI OIL PAN 016.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	84548 FRONT MOUNTS ON the oil pan also can see were it mounts to the bell hsg

Name:	DONZI OIL PAN 017.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	84549 these bolt to an angle iron that bolts on the stringer havent dug outthe rest of the mount
    Mine are on the side of the block

Have a set that bolt to the side of the engine basicly same way they bolt on a auto but are different. Is there a notch in your stringer were they bolt to.

Thread Information