Thread: Donzi and companies purchased by new owners

Donzi and companies purchased by new owners

Staying in Washington NC and apparently keeping all personel. See Donzi site for details.

P.

Yep. Been following that. I guess the deal was in the works for awhile. Hope it works out!
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    Yep. Been following that. I guess the deal was in the works for awhile. Hope it works out!

Am am I reading it wrong or are the classics off the build list ?

Quote Originally Posted by JParanee View Post
    It's difficult to read what happening as I have not had any contact with the factory since I picked up my 50th 22 a year ago. I did notice that the pricing on the order form was missing during the second half of 2015. I really didn't give it a whole lot of thought as I assumed that the response they got by lowering the pricing for the 50th boats was good for business. Perhaps they were discretely trying to continue the discount program without annoying the people that purchased boats at the aforementioned lower price point. I guess time will tell...

I wouldn't be surprised if a business with multiple brands and multiple boat offerings would eventually discontinue a small boat like the Classic. As mentioned above, it's hard to say and time will tell. We were told years ago that the Classics sell really good in Canada but I'm not sure this is the case anymore.

I think things were a lot different for the Classics when AMH was building them and having their dealer network stock them on the floors. They sold because they were out there and there was incentive for dealers to move & sell them. Since this isn't the case anymore, they're basically build to order as far as I know, I wouldn't be surprised if what I mentioned above eventually happens.
    RickS-E

I think they have to keep making Classics. Also the ZRs.

Link?
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by JParanee View Post
    this part does not look good for the classics!

Donzi was founded in Miami in 1964. Donzi designs and manufactures over 20 world‐class fiberglass recreational boats, catering to the powerboat and center console segments with models ranging from 27 to 43 feet long.

I'm waiting for a reply from the contact listed on the press release, Carol Price, regarding the status of the Classic line ...

27 zr

Does this mean they are planning to build the 27 ZR again, because without the Classics, their smallest boat is the 32...?
    2009 Classic 16
    NW Tampa Bay

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKBOX View Post
    Does this mean they are planning to build the 27 ZR again, because without the Classics, their smallest boat is the 32...?
    I really liked the 27 ZR. Problem is it was a flop . Anyway I don't think we should write off the Classics yet.

Thread Information