Thread: The winter updates

The winter updates

Just figured I would show off some of what I have been doing during the cold winter months. I'm still missing the water and fuel pressure gauges. Those will be coming in withing the next couple weeks.

This is in the garage after tinting the windshield and putting all the deck hardware back on. I had all of the deck hardware powder coated gloss black. I also replaced all the pinstripe ngk on the deck. The past owner did a very poor job on keeping them straight.

This is the results from the day at the dyno With the engine.

Very nice. Like to know how the powder coat holds up over time. Did you tint the glass or use factory tinted glass?
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

I'll let you know about the powder coat. I couldn't beat the price. 140.00 for everything blasted and coated. All I did was have everything broken down so he didn't have to worry about saving screws and things.
    I tinted the glass myself. The bottom corners of the windshield were not glued in. Whoever the previous owner paid to install the windshield did a poor job. So I removed the front glass and tinted it off the frame. Then I got windshield urethane and glued it back into the frame. Then I just took the sides off in the frame and tinted them on a bench.

Thread Information