Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Range 22 classic

Range 22 classic

I'm assuming I have a 50 gallon tank

I'm running a blue motor

I have only ran the boat in testing and I have not logged any miles yet to get a feeling for distance from a tank

I am planning some trips already so I am curious on some mileage estimates from you guys at cruise....please let me know your experiences

OK, I'm in.
    At least 100 miles.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    OK, I'm in.
    At least 100 miles.

George I can always count on you and I was figuring 2 miles a gallon '

that would be great

I am mapping out my Hudson trip and I'm planing on doing 60 mile runs between stops

so far I'm starting to plan the Lake George dust off in June the Thousand islands in July and the Hudson River trip in August

I'll mix some Matyland , Nj Delaware trips in the salt and I should have a novel season

that's if nothing breaks

I would normally fill the boat up about every 3 hours of run time with the 565, which includes idling. I've probably squeezed more out of it before but I'm not into taking chances!
    Donzi 22' Classic

Quote Originally Posted by RockyS18 View Post
    I would normally fill the boat up about every 3 hours of run time with the 565, which includes idling. I've probably squeezed more out of it before but I'm not into taking chances!

I would be happy with that

Joe, I'm pretty sure you have a plastic tank. If you do, below is a drawing of it. It says 52 gallons, but some of that won't be be usable.
    When I had my tank built, I raised the top by 1" which gave me 62 gallons.
    I have no idea what my boat burns. I just fixed one fuel issue, and may need to have some carb work done. I'm looking forward to finding out more. I would love to get 3 MPG. We'll see.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Hudson Run

Joe.
    I may be interested in doing the Hudson run also. I would want to keep going thru some of the locks and then Pull the boat out around Whitehall. I would Trailer it To Lake George.
    Also Lake Winnipesaukee is supposed to have a Donzi Poker Run. They have not announced the date. Gary

At cruise....100 miles easy.

Ken

I know that the standard Mercruiser I/O motors drink 89 octane, does the 500 EFI Blue Bulldog race motor require 93 octane? 93 is harder and harder to find on the water these days so factor that in (if it's a requirement) and you have that small 50 gallon gas tank.
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    I know that the standard Mercruiser I/O motors drink 89 octane, does the 500 EFI Blue Bulldog race motor require 93 octane? 93 is harder and harder to find on the water these days so factor that in (if it's a requirement) and you have that small 50 gallon gas tank.

It does

can I source 93 along the Hudson ?

Quote Originally Posted by 93viperboy View Post
    Joe.
    I may be interested in doing the Hudson run also. I would want to keep going thru some of the locks and then Pull the boat out around Whitehall. I would Trailer it To Lake George.
    Also Lake Winnipesaukee is supposed to have a Donzi Poker Run. They have not announced the date. Gary

Reach out out and we can talk

thx

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    The 500-EFI blue motors only require 89. The carbed HP 500's may require more octane. I've ran 89 in mine for 10-years.
    RickS-E

Quote Originally Posted by RickSE View Post
    The 500-EFI blue motors only require 89. The carbed HP 500's may require more octane. I've ran 89 in mine for 10-years.

Mine is carbed and I have not tried 89 but I don't think I want to

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    Joe, I'm pretty sure you have a plastic tank. If you do, below is a drawing of it. It says 52 gallons, but some of that won't be be usable.
    When I had my tank built, I raised the top by 1" which gave me 62 gallons.
    I have no idea what my boat burns. I just fixed one fuel issue, and may need to have some carb work done. I'm looking forward to finding out more. I would love to get 3 MPG. We'll see.

George mine is metal

2miles per gal is reasonable

I do 2 long runs per year and 2 miles per gal average is a good save number for my stock carb 502...

I've done my Block Island trip one way on 20gal and its 50-55miles. This is a cruise in a lot of open water with and average of about 3000rpm. I haven't taken a chance on the return trip without a refill...

On the CT River Run, I'd say 3600+rpm for 60-65 miles and I burn 32-35gal...

I've not ever been able to pump more than 45gal into my tank. Not ever run it totally dry though. I run 89 with MSD ignition and timing set 8 to 32 advance...
    Thank you, Patrick
    1994 18' Classic 350Mag Alpha

Previously owned Donzis -
    1996 22' Classic, 502Mag Bravo
    1987 20' Minx, 350Mag Alpha
    1975 18' Classic, 350Chevy Volvo 280

Thread Information