Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Faded red stripe on 2000 18 foot Classic

I know this is an old topic, but I'm trolling old posts for info.
    GIMG_0700.JPGIMG_1519.JPGlad I found this thread, as I recently acquired a 22 Classic. w red stripe.
    I'm going to try an attach a pic of the Skater - it's actually an all white boat. All the graphics are vinyl.
    Other than the odd rub mark, I have no complaints.
    And it's usually only in Poker Runs so travelling fast.
    Didn't really think about it, but took it out on a below freezing day and hit 106 MPH - nothing peeled off.
    We the Willing, led by the Unknowing, and paid by the Uncaring
    Have been doing so much, with so little, for so long
    We are now qualified to do Anything, with Nothing at all
    (Tuk U - McKinnley Bay '82)

What did you end up doing? The vinyl can be ordered online, it's cheap and lots of shops do it for cars so easy to find someone to do it. 3M even sells it in different widths, so you may not even need to cut it. Very easy to install, super durable and can peel off if you don't like it. For a stripe it's probably $30 of material.

My car had chrome trim and I blacked it out with Vinyl, this was tedious because of the cutting but the stripe on the deck is easy. If you are going to paint, Awlgrip is awesome.

I am having the installer that did the Expel protectant on my Z06 Vette and Viper recently, put the clear protectant on the stripe. I am going to buff it out again and while it's shiny, have him apply the clear Expel. He said it will make it look shinier and keep it that way. I will do it in April before it goes in the water. I will take pics. The other option was having him cut a piece in red and apply it.

The guy does great work and comes to the house.
    20161202_131341.jpg20170226_120301.jpg

Thread Information