Thread: 89 Donzi f33 total rebuild

89 Donzi f33 total rebuild

I bought this Donzi and never found any structural problems with it whatsoever outside that the floor was floating but I plan on glassing in for new fish box is in the floor anyway so win-win. My plan is to totally get the bow inside and out outside of removing the stringers as long as they are structurally sound and making molds for a new console fish box live wells and leaning post. I plan on putting it in a new floor with a integrated gutter system to it and modifying the back splash well to accommodate two new live wells. The entire boat will be sanded and fared including removal of bottom paint in prepping for new gelcoat inside and out. This is a great site for DIY guys I've learned a lot from a lot of your posts that you have put up. I don't have a ton of fiberglass experience more experience and making molds but I have done a couple of transoms and re-Gel coated a couple boats so probably just enough to make me dangerous. I look forward to hearing from you guys along the way with any ideas or constructive criticism on fabrication techniques. I will post as much as possible I am going to devote four days a week six hours each day to working on the project here some of the pictures of the progress that I've made so far
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well 6 hours and 12 55 gal bags later all the foam is gone
    Attached Images Attached Images

Save the foam

If the foam is dry I recommend saving it. When I did the hull in my old Arabian we did that. The new foam I got from jamestown distributors bonded right to the old pieces. This way you can throw some of the old foam in and take up some space. It helps keep the amount of foam you have to buy down. Before I did this I did a test piece in a paint cup. I cut it open once it set. The only way to tell the old piece was there was buyour the different color.

Thanks that's a good idea I'll save a lot of the dry foam I know how expensive that stuff is I definitely don't plan on putting as much foam back in because I'm wanting to utilize as much below the deck space as possible but I will probably repoor the outside hull section

Thread Information