Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Minx Project - $6500

Minx Project - $2800 - MUST GO

I've come to the realization that I will probably never have the time to complete this one. I have 3 other boats in my yard and my neighbors are not pleased with me... :0

I have to check the registration, but it is either an 86 or 87. Sits on a galvanized roller trailer. I have all paperwork - it is registered in my name. The hull sides have been professionally resprayed with the original color gelcoat(red). I've sanded them down with 320 grit and it needs to be finished up(wet sand, compound, wax). The deck is in nice shape but needs wet sand, compound and wax. The bottom has been soda blasted(had bottom paint), and needs to be finished(wet sand, compound, wax). Has interior - front buckets ok, but back seat not great. I have outdrive and transom assembly that came out of the boat. I also have all hardware needed to put the boat back together

$2800

Boat is currently in Darien, CT

five one 6-four 5 5-1 two zero zero
    seano30(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

I dont post here very often any more so phone or email will work best if interested.
    Last edited by seano; 03-15-2016 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Added CL post with pics

Any opinions on this one? I'm slightly surprised there has been no interest on it. Priced too high? I need it out of my yard. What's it gonna take to make that happen?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	192 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	84159Click image for larger version. 

Views:	233 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	84160Click image for larger version. 

Views:	220 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	84161Click image for larger version. 

Views:	182 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	84162Click image for larger version. 

Views:	173 
Size:	3.77 MB 
ID:	84163

Soft Market

No offense but you are priced way too high-we all never get out of a project what we invest.Your probably looking to be in the 2K to 3K range to draw any interest IMHO.Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by seano View Post
    Any opinions on this one? I'm slightly surprised there has been no interest on it. Priced too high? I need it out of my yard. What's it gonna take to make that happen?
    Respectfully, I'd have to agree with the post above. In fact, if you look at what some of the major restorations that F_inscreenname did, and what the restored boats sold for, I'd guess more like $1500-$3000 to move your project starter soon. $6500 would nearly have bought the Monzas he completely re-did, which were really well built to begin with (good bones).

If one considers what the turn-key version of the Minx would cost, the only reason to buy the project starter would be to get it VERY cheap and put the sweat equity in. At $6500, I think the cost of the completed project could easily exceed the price of buying turn key, even doing the work largely by oneself.

Might be worth more to sell the interior and part out the boat?

Again, I don't mean any insult, just offering my honest take since you asked.

Regards, Mike
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

appreciate the comments fellas. i'd be fine parting it out. boat would have to go first without the interior though. What do you think that would be worth.

btw - turn key minx are selling for 12-14k. sweat equity is all that is needed here. all the stuff you need to farm out is already done... I also dont think you can compare a Monza to a Donzi. Not knocking f-inscreename or the quality of the boat, but brand recognition alone is worth a 30-40% uptick.

boat and trailer - ?
    boat, engine, drivetrain and trailer - ?
    interior - ?

haven't seen any offers yet...

Someone makes a real offer with cash, the boat goes...

I really do wish you the best with it.

Quote Originally Posted by seano View Post
    appreciate the comments fellas. i'd be fine parting it out. boat would have to go first without the interior though. What do you think that would be worth.

btw - turn key minx are selling for 12-14k. sweat equity is all that is needed here. all the stuff you need to farm out is already done... I also dont think you can compare a Monza to a Donzi. Not knocking f-inscreename or the quality of the boat, but brand recognition alone is worth a 30-40% uptick....
    I think Ghost hits pretty close to the mark.

But, y'know, it's hard to compare a project to a runner in any shape. I estimate to finish that boat I would spend 15 -20+K and would be upside down immediately. You really have to be "the right guy" for that. If it was together and running (in almost any shape) your current ask would be way too light.

Consider this GT21 listed here over 6 months ago as a comparable (Afaik, it still hasn't sold) but, I think it is reasonably priced... the spring market my help.
    http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...-GT-21-Project

Parting it out might be a good option but, you need to do some research.
    Sean Conroy,
    1964 Formula Jr. (hull #2) project

1972 Greavette Sunflash III
    1981 Kavalk Mistral project

"A man can accomplish anything... as long as he doesn't care who gets the credit."

Reduced to $2800. Need it out of my yard. Read original post carefully. No engine and boat will be sold with the original interior. This is $1000 less than I paid for it and $2500 less than I have in it. I need it out of my yard.

Good Luck with the sale

She should move now with lower price. If she was an 18' C I'd be on my way...
    Thank you, Patrick
    1994 18' Classic 350Mag Alpha

Previously owned Donzis -
    1996 22' Classic, 502Mag Bravo
    1987 20' Minx, 350Mag Alpha
    1975 18' Classic, 350Chevy Volvo 280

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McPherson View Post
    She should move now with lower price. If she was an 18' C I'd be on my way...
    I have one of those too. Not a project but not a trailer queen either. Good running boat. 1986 tan with light blue and has windshield. On a trailer 8900 bucks.

Hmmm...

Pictures?
    Thank you, Patrick
    1994 18' Classic 350Mag Alpha

Previously owned Donzis -
    1996 22' Classic, 502Mag Bravo
    1987 20' Minx, 350Mag Alpha
    1975 18' Classic, 350Chevy Volvo 280

here you go. I focused on the "bad". The rest of the boat is very nice and the rubrail has been reinstalled.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0130.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	84572   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0128.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	84574   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0127.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	84575  

Thread Information