Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 22 classic introduction and prop question

How far below the bottom is your prop shaft?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    Will a Mirage+ hook up with a -2" shorty?
    The prop shaft on my 22 Donzi is really deep at like 7" below.
    On my 24 Super it was about 5" below but that was a straight V not a round bottom.

I know guys with 24 X 7s that run the prop shaft at 3" below but need 4 or 5 blade props.

My guess is that a Mirage Plus would work on a round bottom Donzi with the prop shaft at 5" below and maybe as high as 4" below. Give one a try; what have you got to loose
    Thank you, Patrick
    1994 18' Classic 350Mag Alpha

Previously owned Donzis -
    1996 22' Classic, 502Mag Bravo
    1987 20' Minx, 350Mag Alpha
    1975 18' Classic, 350Chevy Volvo 280

For what it's worth, Catch22 (Jim Collins) ran a 31" Hydro Q4 and could hit 94 on most days.
    (Supercharged 454)
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McPherson View Post
    The prop shaft on my 22 Donzi is really deep at like 7" below.
    On my 24 Super it was about 5" below but that was a straight V not a round bottom.

I know guys with 24 X 7s that run the prop shaft at 3" below but need 4 or 5 blade props.

My guess is that a Mirage Plus would work on a round bottom Donzi with the prop shaft at 5" below and maybe as high as 4" below. Give one a try; what have you got to loose
    I do have something to lose because I would have to pay a fee to try one. I've been running a BBlades labbed 30p Bravo One. It works great on my boat. No bad handling characteristics at all. I'm just wondering if a Mirage plus will get the boat on plane. If it will then all indications are that I will pick up 2-3 mph and still have a good handling boat. It seems that everyone I know with a shorty is running a four blade. The batteries are out of my boat now so I can't lower my drive to measure but I think I'm 4-5 inches below the bottom.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Yes, It will cost you $30-40 to try one

I do have something to lose because I would have to pay a fee to try one. I've been running a BBlades labbed 30p Bravo One. It works great on my boat. No bad handling characteristics at all. I'm just wondering if a Mirage plus will get the boat on plane. If it will then all indications are that I will pick up 2-3 mph and still have a good handling boat. It seems that everyone I know with a shorty is running a four blade. The batteries are out of my boat now so I can't lower my drive to measure but I think I'm 4-5 inches below the bottom.
    Come on Carl, surely you'd spend the $25 or even $50 fee plus shipping to BBlades to try a 29p Mirage plus. Like tires on a car, increased performance from a prop is the best bang for the $$...

My 24' Superboat handled better in the rough with the BBlades labbed B1 but I did run the labbed M+ on calm day when doing speed runs...

Nice to have options and since no one seems to want to buy my 25p Mirage, I'll likely be sending that out to be labbed for top speed run in my Donzi...
    Thank you, Patrick
    1994 18' Classic 350Mag Alpha

Previously owned Donzis -
    1996 22' Classic, 502Mag Bravo
    1987 20' Minx, 350Mag Alpha
    1975 18' Classic, 350Chevy Volvo 280

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McPherson View Post
    Come on Carl, surely you'd spend the $25 or even $50 fee plus shipping to BBlades to try a 29p Mirage plus. Like tires on a car, increased performance from a prop is the best bang for the $$...

My 24' Superboat handled better in the rough with the BBlades labbed B1 but I did run the labbed M+ on calm day when doing speed runs...

Nice to have options and since no one seems to want to buy my 25p Mirage, I'll likely be sending that out to be labbed for top speed run in my Donzi...
    I'll discuss it with Brett and maybe start a new thread about it. If everyone says it won't get the boat on plane then I'd just be throwing away $$ trying one. And yes, I'd have to drop to a 29 or maybe even a 28 pitch.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Glad you are sticking with Ford power and the King Cobra. While it has been many years since I had my 1988 Testarossa with a 460 and King Cobra it was the only reason I bought it in the first place. If my memory is correct the stock prop was a 3 blade 14 1/2x 24 Raker. Good luck and enjoy! Brian

I'm starting with a 29p mirage plus.

The dash is finally done. I designed my own dash, wrote the code, and laser cut the piece out. (Let me know if someone wants one)

The engine is in and I have test run it. But have not taken the boat out on the water yet. I can't wait. Saturday should be the day!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks great

Looking good

what CC system did you go with ?

Will a Mirage+ hook up with a -2" shorty?
    I run a Mirage+ and my drive is up 1.5". It works fine on mine but you have to walk it up or it'll blow out.

22classic, The boat looks great. You must be up in N. California? Your original post, second picture, looks like the South West. Just wondering, I'm in N. AZ.
    RickS-E

Yes I'm in Nor Cal, the boat usually lives on the west shore of Tahoe, but does make a random delta and Santa Cruz trip. (I live in San Jose)

The CC system is a San Juan that I bought from a buddy. So far it works great. But getting all the hoses and lines hooked up can be a bit of a pain and ugly. Maybe in the future I will clean it up, but we'll see what kind of time I have.

Ill post a video of it running next, and some better shots of the dash.

Thread Information