Thread: Propeller

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Propeller

Has anyone tried a hydromotive intimidator 3 blade? Considering trying one on my Minx. Any thoughts?

G Carter used the Hydro 4 blade on his Minx and he seemed to like it . I was thinking of trying a Rev 4 as Pat McPherson recommended. They're pretty pricey and I just changed my Alpha gear ratio to 1.32 : 1. so I'm holding out until I do a base line with my 25P Mirage. What's the setup you have now?
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

Bought boat late last fall so only got to take it out a couple of times. It has a 383, dyno sheet says 372 hp at 4900. Original alpha drive. 23p Solas prop that has something wrong with it. Will not hold any trim and starts to slip when run over 40 mph. Only tops out at 61. OEM tach does not work because of new msd ignition. I bought the tach converter and will have it in for first use this spring. Looking for a good starting point for a prop because what I have is so bad it is not even worth running.

Maybe a 23" Mirage Plus (or other 3-blade)?

What kind of speed are you expecting the Minx should do with 372 HP? I was guessing maybe 64-65.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Based on hitting 61 with a bad prop that is slipping and will not hold any trim, I was thinking that 65 should be easy to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by bgagne View Post
    Based on hitting 61 with a bad prop that is slipping and will not hold any trim, I was thinking that 65 should be easy to achieve.
    Are we talking GPS speed or other?

Hi
    Yes, I used a Hydro Q4 15-1/2 X 22...(I think it was 22"...it's been 8 years since I sold it).
    It would trim up over 3/4 of the trim gauge (above that it got squirrelly) and never blow out. The boat has a 350 SBC @ about 320 HP and would hit 65 MPH on any day that was below 90*. There was no slip w/that prop. In fact after I did some bottom work, slip was in the 5% range at cruising speed (+/- 50 MPH).
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Thread Information