Thread: Drive jack and stand

Drive jack and stand

Saw a few of these built on OSO a while back. Pretty cheap and easy to make. Waited for sale on trailer jacks, a bit of metal and about $50 later.......one jack/stand. Only had 2 castors laying around. Just need to pick up 2 more to finish off
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Very cool I want to build one tell me more please.

Craig, below are a couple documents I copied from OSO, as well as a pic of the jack I used.
    I didn't have the documents handy when I made mine, so the dimensions of mine are a bit different.
    I did use 1" x 1.25", spaced at 4.25" for the "fork", and 2" tube for the base. My base is only 1' wide at the jack, as opposed to 2' in the attached docs, but it spreads out to 2' at the open end. Despite the one end being only 1' foot, it still seems pretty stable. The total length of my base is a bit longer, at 30", so that may help offset it being narrower at the one end. I narrowed the foot of the jack plate to fit the 2" tube and I first tack welded it at the outside and then tilted it backwards until the "fork" was level. There was a couple inches of sag in the fork because of the jack swivel. When the angle was right, I stuck a wedge under the foot and pounded the base until it mated with the tube, then welded it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Glen, that looks great.
    I have a welding machine, but due to my pacemaker, I can't use it!
    So I do the next best thing and just buy a simple stand.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Thread Information