Thread: 1970 Donzi 16C

1970 Donzi 16C

A friend of mine in Canada is looking at a 16C. It's being advertised as 1970 but the pictures show it as having 2 buckets and a bench seat across the back.

I had a 1968 16C and it was a single left bucket and a rap around bench. It was my understanding that 16Cs of that vintage were all single buckets and the rap around bench.

Reply with comments please.

Maybe its a 18 and they just don't know.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

You have been living in Fla too long, the wrap you are talking about starts with a "w".

Ken

Possibly a copy. There were a bunch of companies in Canada that made copies of the 16.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by yeller View Post
    Possibly a copy. There were a bunch of companies in Canada that made copies of the 16.
    Or, it could be modified boat... or, a 1995/newer boat.

Which companies made copies (and where)?
    ...besides Lenny, that is
    Sean Conroy,
    1964 Formula Jr. (hull #2) project

1972 Greavette Sunflash III
    1981 Kavalk Mistral project

"A man can accomplish anything... as long as he doesn't care who gets the credit."

Sorry Woobs, I don't have an answer for that.
    My 16 came from the molds of company that use to splash the boat in BC, but I don't remember the name. Starfire, Starflight? I think it was called something like that. Over the years of being on here and other boat sites, I have heard mention of several other Canadian companies that use to splash the 16, but I never took notice of names because they were long out of business.

Interesting........... I

found some Starfire boats manufactured in Utah (Salt lake area) and even a 1969 16.5 model for sale in Oak Bay, Victoria, BC with an inline 6 cyl & Volvo I/O. The hull looks like it could be similar however, the deck isn't even close (see pic). Hey, it's only $100 Canadian! (I wonder if that includes the cool trailer)

Under Starflight I have found both Glastron and Checkmate with "Starflight" models... as wall as an Australian manufacturer but nothing that resembles a Donzi 16.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sean Conroy,
    1964 Formula Jr. (hull #2) project

1972 Greavette Sunflash III
    1981 Kavalk Mistral project

"A man can accomplish anything... as long as he doesn't care who gets the credit."

That boat could be from the same BC company or molds. You can see the hook at the end of the hull, so I'm pretty sure that's a 16 hull. When I made mine, my friends dad had the hull mold, 2 different deck molds and the "tub" mold (for an outboard). The standard deck (which I used and modified to a 2+3) and a 2nd one that looks like the one shown. I distinctly remember the 2nd deck mold added about 4" to the free board, had a much shorter deck and was fully open from dash back to the transom, so you would have had to build a "doghouse" for the motor if you went sterndrive.

Thread Information