Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Donzi but not to Boating (Classic 22)

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    Yes, the cross brace comes into effect when your running hard and the bottom and stringers are moving in every direction!
    They do, you know!
    Anyway, any transverse stress is taken by the cross brace, and not the heat exchanger
    and its mounts.

Joe, tell Mark he does really nice work!
    Well done!

George ..... He said the same about you 😄

We took a lot from your install and seeing how you did yours was instrumental in the things we decided to do

we are expecting a big snow storm this weekend so we will be plowing instead of working on the boat but we are closing in on the end

thanks again

We got the engine pretty much plumbed today

really coming together nicely

we need a few more hoses and clamps to finish but the bulk is done

I really like the bracket Mark Fab'ed up for the expansion tank

I really didn't want to mount it to the Fiberglas and it is rock solid here and easy to get to

You'll need an overflow tank also. I assume you didn't get one with the kit as I didn' get one either. Monitor here in FL has them for about $40.00.
    Details, details, details......

The install looks good., like the bracket.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

You'll need an overflow tank also. I assume you didn't get one with the kit as I didn' get one either. Monitor here in FL has them for about $40.00.
    Details, details, details......

The install looks good., like the bracket.
    thank you George

i called them and they said I didn't need one

i was going to call you and see what you thought

i was going to run the overflow tube down toward the bildge just in case

Looks really nice !! Have you decided on which coolant you are going to use ? I am using the Blue Honda coolant in my setup
    better to die on your feet, than live on your knees

I think running it into the bilge isn't a good idea for a couple of reasons;
    1) Eventually you'll be pumping antifreeze into the environment.
    2) You'll be losing coolant instead of recovering it and eventually the coolant will run low.
    The main problem is where to put the tank!

Whatever coolant you use, be sure and mix it with either reverse osmosis, or deionized water.
    I use a clean 5 gallon bucket and dump the first bottle of coolant into the bucket, then fill the bottle with pure water and pour it in the bucket, mix thoroughly, and refill the bottle or some other container with the mixed coolant to fill the system.......it takes a lot of coolant.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver View Post
    Looks really nice !! Have you decided on which coolant you are going to use ? I am using the Blue Honda coolant in my setup

I have not and I'm open to suggestions

thank you

I think running it into the bilge isn't a good idea for a couple of reasons;
    1) Eventually you'll be pumping antifreeze into the environment.
    2) You'll be losing coolant instead of recovering it and eventually the coolant will run low.
    The main problem is where to put the tank!

Whatever coolant you use, be sure and mix it with either reverse osmosis, or deionized water.
    I use a clean 5 gallon bucket and dump the first bottle of coolant into the bucket, then fill the bottle with pure water and pour it in the bucket, mix thoroughly, and refill the bottle or some other container with the mixed coolant to fill the system.......it takes a lot of coolant.

Good points George

I will definitely do as you suggest

give me a ring when you have time I PMed you my number

thank you you again you have really been a huge help

I'll be in Florida in a few weeks for a wedding wish it was closer to you I'd like to buy you dinner

Quote Originally Posted by JParanee View Post
    I have not and I'm open to suggestions

thank you
    Something already premixed

I use Peak coolant and mix with distilled water 50/50 formula. Been doing that way for past 10 yrs.

I'm going to fill the system up with distilled water and run it and flush a few times before I add coolant

this motor was not run in salt but flushing a bit can't hurt

Installed my Hardin shifter and it is nice!
    The throttle is really smooth. The start interlock switch does have a narrow band. May need to build it up with some JB weld so I don't have to wiggle the shifter for starting.
    My shift lever is a little stiff. How is yours? It could be from the shorter level over the stock lever. I really hope I don't have to replace the intermediate cable. That is a pain to get to at the drive.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Da Taz
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary will get you every time."
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by txtaz View Post
    The throttle is really smooth. The start interlock switch does have a narrow band. May need to build it up with some JB weld so I don't have to wiggle the shifter for starting.
    My shift lever is a little stiff. How is yours? It could be from the shorter level over the stock lever. I really hope I don't have to replace the intermediate cable. That is a pain to get to at the drive.

I have not not run it yet so I'm not sure yet

hoping to get it running in the next week or so

almost done with the closed cooling system

yours looks great

Quote Originally Posted by txtaz View Post

Wow...Sexy just like you!
    http://www.donzi.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2807&dateline=1163742  168
    More Tab, More Tab, More...Damn

Quote Originally Posted by thriller View Post
    Wow...Sexy just like you!
    I swear, Canadian firemen.

Mike, You need to grab Lenny and head South this summer. Got a new place with lots of room, 3 car garage and a new BMW 6er ready for the track. I'm sure I can find some scotch about for ya. Just bring maple syrup.
    Taz
    Da Taz
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary will get you every time."
    Wes

Thread Information