Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Formula Jr project

That thing is coming out nice!
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

WOW! I came in to see what's new and I find THIS!!! I bought almost the same boat this past summer. same color and stripped out just like in your pictures. mine hasn't changed other than getting a good cleaning. it will need to be split and all the wood done. I'm planning a similar route but an alpha with a mild 350. I don't think the boat needs much more than 300hp. such a cool looking boat!

I have a post further down the page called "thunderbird formula jr project" if you want to check mine out.

Formula Emblem

Project is coming along very nice. Have you made any further progress on the emblems?

emblems

I might be able to help with the emblems. I have a CNC router at my shop and made this one set for my 1970 17 runabout from .125" brass and the other set shown on my 1976 23 CC is cut from a brushed "stainless" plastic sign material that outdoor rated. The brass ones I have to get chrome plated along with the bird. They thickness of the lettering needs to be thinned out a bit. Also have artwork done for replica capacity plates that will be engraved into white/black sign plastic.

IMG_1608.JPGFullSizeRender.jpg

Logo

Looks great! Think you could do the "Jr" part?
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    I might be able to help with the emblems. I have a CNC router at my shop and made this one set for my 1970 17 runabout from .125" brass and the other set shown on my 1976 23 CC is cut from a brushed "stainless" plastic sign material that outdoor rated. The brass ones I have to get chrome plated along with the bird. They thickness of the lettering needs to be thinned out a bit. Also have artwork done for replica capacity plates that will be engraved into white/black sign plastic.

IMG_1608.JPGFullSizeRender.jpg
    Nice job on the emblems. I would also be interested in seeing the replica capacity plate when you have completed. Thanks

emblems and capacity plates

I ran two samples of a capacity plate. The white one is white sign plastic laser engraved. The black one is a laser engravable mat black .020" aluminum that is rated for outdoor use as well.

Ken, (Playin' Boats) drawing up the Jr shouldn't present any problem. I do have to find a chrome plater however. Project looks great BTW.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice! Are you selling these and are you able to make variations of the design depending on the year of the boat? I need one for my 1980 Formula One.

Sure I'll make them up for anyone interested. Can change it ups as needed, i.e. newer formula logo, etc…..

Its yellow!!!

All painted on the outside, going to paint the bilge area and then start the rig process.
    Still have not found all the money for the power plant.
    I'll put the rub rail on and maybe try to find a least a bravo transom assy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks really nice. I'm liken' the yellow! Sad that you aren't going to finish it.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Boat looks great and I like the paint color

Quote Originally Posted by playin' boats View Post
    All painted on the outside, going to paint the bilge area and then start the rig process.
    Still have not found all the money for the power plant.
    I'll put the rub rail on and maybe try to find a least a bravo transom assy.
    The project looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.

What is the color yellow you used and paint type? Are you pleased with the way it turned out.

I would like to consider this color combination on my boat. What was the white color? Any suggestions if you were going to tackle this project again?

Good luck!

Thanks, Randy

Thread Information