Thread: 22 Classic - Not mine

22 Classic - Not mine

Does anybody know anything about this boat?

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/boa/5157620247.html

Here's the text from the CL ad. Asking $11,500. There must be something very wrong with the boat as it's been on CL for a while.

THIS : 1987 DONZI classic 22 ,,,,,is a true barn find , I found this boat in an air-condition showroom where it sat for 10 years and was detailed every 3 or 4 months, , all original , magnum 454 ,,gimbal and outdrive ,,it sat next to a F-40 ,, the motor has been rebuilt ,totally, new exhaust manifolds ,,the drive was gone thru and new water pump kit installed, , original interior ,,carpets , seats ..ect... it,s on an aluminum trailer ,,this boat has never been in saltwater ,,this boat is beautiful ,,I ran it one hour in our river here in silver springs. .ran awesome ,,I,m asking 11500 or best cash offer ,,please call with any questions thanks George Jr..if I don,t sell it ,I will consider parting it out ,,

'07 22 Classic Shelby GT
    '96 18 Classic - sold
    '69 16 Ski & Sport - sold

The guy has been in touch with me, and claims the boat is fine via text message conversation. The only thing I noticed in the pictures was the bottom of the outdrive kind of looking like it'd been run through the sand a few times? It's not black, but it could be a skeg protector possibly?

The picture under the engine hatch looks pretty much flawless, and the other 2 pictures he sent look really nice too. He didn't send the picture I requested, which was the bottom skeg on the outdrive. Maybe he put a guard on it, just not sure.

He invited me out to take a run on the boat, and seemed pretty motivated to sell. It has been listed at 15k, 13k, and now 11.5.

If I had a garage big enough to hold it, I'd have made the trip out to take a look. If there's any interest in the pictures he sent me via text, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by retroicon View Post
    The guy has been in touch with me, and claims the boat is fine via text message conversation. The only thing I noticed in the pictures was the bottom of the outdrive kind of looking like it'd been run through the sand a few times? It's not black, but it could be a skeg protector possibly?

The picture under the engine hatch looks pretty much flawless, and the other 2 pictures he sent look really nice too. He didn't send the picture I requested, which was the bottom skeg on the outdrive. Maybe he put a guard on it, just not sure.

He invited me out to take a run on the boat, and seemed pretty motivated to sell. It has been listed at 15k, 13k, and now 11.5.

If I had a garage bigj enough to hold it, I'd have made the trip out to take a look. If there's any interest in the pictures he sent me via text, let me know.
    I talked to george it is the real deal and all fresh. Drawback is it is alpha package. I had one like it for a short while and it worked great as long you were not a maniac. This fellow is an offshore racer and runs the Imco boat. Great buy for someone. I have a wife!!!!!!!!

And I just put $10k into my 18C. This boat is fairly close to me. I might need to go take a look at it.

'07 22 Classic Shelby GT
    '96 18 Classic - sold
    '69 16 Ski & Sport - sold

Looks like the ad is down. Who snagged it?

Whew!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by retroicon View Post
    Looks like the ad is down. Who snagged it?
    Glad it is gone. A road trip was tugging me to Florida. I think it is a georgeous piece to keep dead stock.

Thread Information