Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Raising Volvo AQ questions

Quote Originally Posted by johnnywhale View Post
    You could get Strange to do it, they're in your backyard. Other options could be Moser or Mark Williams. Might be interesting to drive over on your lunch hour and ask. It'd probably be worth the $ to a bunch of people.
    I have better sources than Strange. Strange is set up do do rear axles. I have a couple of shops I deal with that make headsets and shafts for transmissions and transaxles.

It's good to be the king!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnywhale View Post
    It's good to be the king!

i have done calibration work for Strange , and their facility is top notch. I'm sure they have the capability and equipment to make shafts for the Volvo but their shop is set up to run production on automotive rear axles and parts. They really don't have the man power to do one off type pieces. They are geared up (lol) to do quick turnarounds and production of one product.

I was told that my Mecruiser to Volvo prop shafts were made by Ron Hills prop shop but not available anymore. Back in the 70's there were shops all around the Detroit area that made made one of Volvo drive parts, Kenny Blacks shop Muskie Tool was one of them. [ no longer in business ] Today it would be very hard to find a shop to do that most are set up for high volume production.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have one of those prop shafts sitting on a shelf for years. Just last year I decided it was time to do something with it. Got a 270 drive ripped down and then noticed that the shaft is for a Volvo 250. Everything was just a little smaller. Now it's back on a shelf.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

Don't see the advantage of raising the cavitation plate above the bottom you will then airate the prop the bonus will be never enough to make it worth while.
    I did that originally before I did my restoration and had nothing but cavattion issues being an inch above.

Thread Information