Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Major damage!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
    ----So sorry for your loss! Did the boat go down in salt water or fresh???......Bill S
    Thanks... It went down in fresh water.

Another thing to consider is if you are going to get a normal or a salvage title back and if the boat will be listed as being totaled.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

take the money and run both boats are money pits and need to much work for their asking price. Bank the money and wait til one in better shape comes up or get the asking price knocked down
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Is it possible to order a 18' bare hull from Donzi? re rig it with your parts and deck. Just a thought

The boat in question is a sharp keel hull, V-drive.
    I'm sure there is no longer a mold for that configuration.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Where is your location and just curious what are your plans concerning the boat at the moment and has the motor been pickled ?

Quote Originally Posted by OFFSHORE GINGER View Post
    Where is your location and just curious what are your plans concerning the boat at the moment and has the motor been pickled ?

I'm located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. Yes the motor has been picked.

I'm still not sure yet. I've been waiting on some quotes for the cost to fix it. If I decide not to take it I would love if someone on here picked it up vs letting the insurance company strip it down / junk it.

Quote Originally Posted by 93stangers View Post
    I'm located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. Yes the motor has been picked.

I'm still not sure yet. I've been waiting on some quotes for the cost to fix it. If I decide not to take it I would love if someone on here picked it up vs letting the insurance company strip it down / junk it.
    If by chance you decide not to take the boat or keep it are you going to purchase it from the Insurance Co and sell it out right or .............and if so.... are you going to be selling the boat / motor & trailer altogether as one unit or ....................

If by chance you decide not to take the boat or keep it are you going to purchase it from the Insurance Co and sell it out right or .............and if so.... are you going to be selling the boat / motor & trailer altogether as one unit or ....................
    Nice azz.

If I buy it back from the insurance company I would be keeping it. Don't want to spend $4000 in hopes of getting it back by selling it. To big of a risk.

If I buy it back from the insurance company I would be keeping it. Don't want to spend $4000 in hopes of getting it back by selling it. To big of a risk.
    Do you think that price is rock solid considering in the past I have made counter offer's with great results and not to mention that the boat most likely will be sold to a Salvage Co who in turn will make a small fortune of the boat maybe getting the boat even cheaper then they ( insurance co ) offered it up to you but .............non the less I think this would be an interesting and fun project to have . Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Do you think that price is rock solid considering in the past I have made counter offer's with great results and not to mention that the boat most likely will be sold to a Salvage Co who in turn will make a small fortune of the boat maybe getting the boat even cheaper then they ( insurance co ) offered it up to you but .............non the less I think this would be an interesting and fun project to have . Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I just oust had someone else say the same thing today about a counter offer. I'll have to try it! I see you do some major restoration work. We're do you work out of?

I see you do some major restoration work. We're do you work out of?
    Well to make a long story short I live in Holland Mich but will be out of commission for a few months considering I just had my third Total Knee replacement on August 6 th ( wore one out ) and pretty much waiting for everything to heal but until then ....I am kind of thinking a - head of the envelope if you know what I mean or should I say seeing that you are not that far away and having second thoughts on maybe restoring the boat ( cost or what ever ) I might be interested in this project for myself or otherwise , and if you like shoot me an E-Mail with your questions and concerns .

So I decided to keep her. I just couldn't let a salvage yard tear her apart. I found a shop that has restored two 18's already and they looked amazing! They only use gelcoat to which is a big plus. I'm going to go back to the original blue color. The transom is actually in good shape, two stringers were bad. $14,500 total and I'll be back on the water in April. I'll have about $5,000 left over from the insurance to put towards a new motor, now I gotta decide which one!

Thread Information