Thread: 22 Classic Seat Install

22 Classic Seat Install

I finally bought a new interior for my boat, including the front seat slides from Donzi Direct. It is an old 22 classic that was formerly owned by Scott. After taking off the front buckets, I can't figure out how to remove the front seat slide bracket.
    It is held in place by several flat head screws that I can turn, but they just spin around. A picture is attached.

I am planning to grind them off tomorrow, but I am wondering how to best secure the new brackets to the seat pedestals. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Don
    Attached Images Attached Images

There's a nut on the other side that needs to be held to remove the bolt
    Usually the floor locker is removed and you reach in with a wrench that's the best way screws will just loosen up
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Seat Install

Matty -
    Thanks for the prompt reply.
    Unfortunately the gas tank fills up the floor locker on my boat.
    I don't see any way to access the underside of the pedestal.
    This will be interesting.
    - Don

Link to replace seat pedestal

Here's a link to a thread on how to do this. I followed the instructions in this link and did mine last winter.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...at+replacement

I tried reaching the nuts on the back from the ski locker, by removing my speakers, going through the front, back, just about everywhere. This made it simple. Make sure you seal the hole so that you don't get moisture into the core.

'07 22 Classic Shelby GT
    '96 18 Classic - sold
    '69 16 Ski & Sport - sold

Quote Originally Posted by donzidon View Post
    I finally bought a new interior for my boat, including the front seat slides from Donzi Direct. It is an old 22 classic that was formerly owned by Scott. After taking off the front buckets, I can't figure out how to remove the front seat slide bracket.
    It is held in place by several flat head screws that I can turn, but they just spin around. A picture is attached.

I am planning to grind them off tomorrow, but I am wondering how to best secure the new brackets to the seat pedestals. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Don
    I too, obtained new buckets (& cushions) from Donzi Direct. When they arrived, the brackets on the bottom didn't line up with the brackets in the boat. In my case the boat is an '87 Minx.
    I had to widen the spacing on the seat bases, I never touched the brackets in the boat. I told Josh about the issue, but then again, although the buckets are common to the 18's & 22's he thought the
    Minx might be an exception. Is this your issue?

My Garlick Install '86 22C

Here's my solution. The stock pedestals were to high and I didn't want to cut the Garlick swivel/slides.

So I cut the tops off the pedestals to the correct height. Make up a some slabs of 1/4" aluminum.
    Drilled and thru bolted the plates to the pedestals and the Garlicks. Made up some aluminum panels to cover
    the open tops of the pedestals. Some paint and bam. I used round head bolts on the bottom just to limit
    the number of ankle biters.

Donzi Pedistal.jpg

Holding fine, so far.
    '
    Reality is something you rise above. Build yourself a life -- and live with it.

I wouldn't sweat it ... so an idiot thinks you're a dick ... not the end of the world.

Always live life as though you have something to learn and you will

Thread Information